The Ukraine Invasion

Something something Hunter

3 Likes

“Biden will go to Ukraine, but he won’t go to Ohio.”

I’m not joking. They’re actually saying this.

Trump said “I want you to do me a favor, though.”

1 Like

Contrast Biden in the streets of Kyiv with air raid sirens blaring walking along like he hasn’t a care in the world to Trump’s schlong gorvelling in Helsinki.

Have you guys seen the “Ukrainian Rambo” trench defense video? One soldier being fed ammo from a shell shocked comrade repelled a Russian attack with armor and troops. All captured first person with a GoPro. It’s one of the most intense videos I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

I can’t find the video outside of clips on Reddit but here is a screenshot. As you can imagine, this Russian didn’t make it.

On the one year anniversary of their invasion the Russian KIA number is almost 150,000. What other country would stand for these kinds of losses?

0.1% of the population? To quote Al Pacino, “I’m just getting started!”

A-B-T…Always be Trolling

3 Likes

Bakhmut holds. In spite of months of almost continuous artillery and “zerg rush” assaults, Bakhmut still holds.

Bakhmut is important to Ukraine because it is important to Russia. Russia flattens a city in order to take it. Ukraine wants to still have cities after they eject the Russians, so they fight there to save the next city. The reason Bakhmut is important to Russia is harder to discern. One theory is that the available transport in the area supports Russian logistics better than any other place. In other words, Russia is attacking Bakhmut because it is one of the only places they can do so effectively.

Ukraine may withdraw from Bakhmut, but I doubt they will be encircled. Some units have been withdrawn, but others are reported moving into the area. All of this with Ukraine marshalling resources for the anticipated spring offensive.

Meanwhile: Ukrainian pilots have been training on F16s.

1 Like

90% of the population of Bakhmut has long fled the city. I think the reason the Russians want it so badly is to give Putin a “win”. The reason that Ukraine is fighting so hard to keep it is, in addition to what you said, because they don’t want to give Russia an inch.

It’s not the plane, it’s the pilot.

1 Like

And the training of the pilot. If the Russians can’t get any stick time – if, for instance, they can’t afford to burn the fuel – they’re fucked.

1 Like

The Ukrainian Air Force flies daily sorties of fixed and rotary wing aircraft. This is something of a miracle to those, including myself, who felt Russian air supremacy would be a quick and certain thing at the beginning of the invasion. There are two reasons the UAF still flies and fights, a pretty damn good Ukrainian air defense system, and some very damn good pilots with lots of stick time. Once the cream of the Ukrainian pilot crop is fully trained on what for this theatre will be a superior aircraft, I expect them to be part of combined arms offensives. If enough aircraft and logistical support (a big "if) can be brought to the fight, Ukraine may get air superiority if not supremacy over their own air space.

1 Like

Just imagine what they cold’ve done to the 40-mile long Russian convoy with better equipment!

A few A-10’s there would have made for an amazing spectacle.

3 Likes

A-10s are always an amazing spectacle

1 Like

Maybe, but Ukraine pretty much obliterated it anyway. It was such a monumentally stupid thing for Russia to do, it was almost bound to fail. Most of the column was taken out systematically by conventional tube artillery.

Now, had Mariupol had first rate air defense AND Ukraine had three or four squadrons of F16s with the accompanying training and logistics, we’d have a whole different kettle of fish.

1 Like

BRRRRT!

1 Like

Brrrrrrrrrttt

Fuckers are amazing

Eta: a 130 gunship will make your dick shrink and enlarge simultaneously