The Ukraine Invasion

Grim reminder that this is hell on earth for those involved.

5 Likes

Warning: This video may cause an allergic reaction. At least it does with me.

3 Likes

Who’s chopping onions?

1 Like

Ukraine is opening another train load of Blue & Gold Whoopass. They are advancing quickly north of Kherson City and have advanced well east of the Oksil River in the north. There is a reported need for more Ukrainian flags as they raise them in each liberated village.

This is the execution of a strategic plan that involved the Territorial Defense Forces to resist the Russian onslaught for six months while a mass of new troops were trained, equipped, organized and most importantly robust logistics to support it all were created simultaneously. Those Territorial Defense Forces got hammered for months and many died. The fruits of their sacrifice are now evident.

Another week of this and Russia will be in full rout.

1 Like

The irony of Russia overextending their lines and losing to a foe waging furious urban defense is delicious.

4 Likes

Just wait until winter truly kicks in…

Come on! These are Russians. They will certainly have plenty of cold weather gear for their soldiers.

Oh wait…
https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1576615100395331585

1 Like

Reports are that the draftees are being told to “source” their own bedding and winter clothing.

I am guessing it is classic Russian invoice fraud. The Gov paid for the uniforms but they were never actually produced. Can you imagine the logistics of “stealing” 1.5M uniforms? 1.5M dollar bills fills up 60 cubic feet of space. Think how much warehouse space would be required to store that stuff and the numbers of trucks it would take to move the tons of product. And, who would even buy it?

2 Likes

Recent conscripts?

2 Likes

The Pentagon misplaced a trillion dollars so this doesn’t seem all that farfetched especially when you remember that we’re dealing with Russians.

I need a blue and gold “winter is coming” sigil. Now.

1 Like

“Tell them what happened here. Tell them that Ukraine remembers… and that winter came for House Putin”

2 Likes

Davydiv Brid, after months of brutal fighting, has now been liberated. Ukrainian forces have moved south and east and will either cut off a lot of Russians, or head straight to Nova Kakhovka. When Ukraine liberates Nova Khakovka, the pain will intensify on the invaders.

In a year full of FAFOs, Putin is the leader for 2022’s FAFO of the Year award.

1 Like

Some military think tank analyst guy was saying he thinks Ukraine might drive a force between Kherson and the Donbas region heading for Mariupol to sever the Russian military completely. That would leave them split up and surrounded with no direct overland communication and even fewer supply routes.

1 Like

Holy shit!
Ukraine is rolling up the Russians too fast to keep up with. Snihurivka has been liberated. This is west of the Inhulets river and controls the road directly into Kherson. Ukrainian units are rolling along the Dnipro river towards Nova Kakhovka and may be there in 24 hours or less.

Similar gains are being made in the north. Sources are “blowing up” like they did in September with the Kharkiv counteroffensive. Putin’s army is being thrashed, absolutely thrashed.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, Tex, what are your sources? Is it sage Twitter following?

I am grateful regardless—just curious.

1 Like

Twitter, Telegram, YouTube, etc., and, surprisingly, a left-of-center political site with some veterans that has been among the best in their reporting, particularly on logistics and NATO weapons and training. It’s called the Daily Kos and was mentioned by one of the Generals I keep track of on Twitter. I don’t want to drive traffic to political sites in this day and age, but their reporting has been very good.

There may be another front in the Kherson counteroffensive as there are reports of Ukrainian advances from west of Kherson. It seems risky to go for Kherson and Nova Kakhovka simultaneously, but WTF do I know?

2 Likes

People keep saying that but so far the Ukrainian army has been making all the right moves so I’m just gonna sit back and eat popcorn I guess. I’m sure NATO command is perched on their shoulder of course.

1 Like

They also have some kick-ass modern warfare tech now, while the Russians’ top of the line gear/personnel has all been destroyed or captured. The longer this goes on, the worse the mismatch is going to get.