The sci-fi TV thread

I’m more of a loose seal, really.

I’m three episodes in and was totally unprepared for how creepy Severance is

3 Likes

Strap in. Ep 4 is going to blow your doors off.

Now I discover that my downloads somehow skipped episodes 2 and 3, so I was even more confused, and what Ray said was ep 4 was what I had already seen and thought was just ep 2

Summary

Which made Helly’s actions seem really inexplicable

Silo started last night and it’s off to the races. Really phenomenal acting by Rashida Jones in particular.

1 Like

Really intriguing and well acted all around. Agree on Jones’ performance.

Snowpiercer meets 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Spoiler

I figured that the “spacesuits” were killing the cleaners, but that was debunked when Holston took off his helmet. So…umm…dunno.

I have read the full Silo series at least twice so I’m going to try hard to not spoil anything. I would address your comment/question in your spoiler text, but I’m not sure that what’s obvious to me is as obvious to first-time viewers.

2 Likes

This is a book series first? Would you recommend it?

I just got pissed because Apple TV was showing me spacesuits and it wasn’t FAM S4

3 Likes

Wool, Shift, and Dust, by Hugh Howey. They are all pretty good, and easy reads.

1 Like

Self-published initially, I believe.

1 Like

Yep, and not even as a whole novel. Pretty incredible to go from a collection of self-published short stories to a big-budget TV show.

2 Likes

Same as “The Martian”. It started as a blog.

Severance S1 E6-9:

Holy shit.

5 Likes

Seriously, E9 was one of the best episodes of TV in a long, long time.

3 Likes

The finale is as tense and dramatic a piece of TV that you’re ever likely to see.

1 Like

I read an interesting interview with Ben Stiller that the structure of “24” was an inspiration for that episode.

I thought that the finale of FAM S2 was about as palm-sweatingly as it gets. I don’t like all the shows on Apple TV+, but they are all well made and some are absolutely fantastic.

Apple TV has a much, much higher batting average with their originals than the other streamers.

2 Likes

I don’t know how much they spend on their shows, but Amazon reportedly spends over $40 million per episode of Citadel. I am enjoying the show, but it doesn’t look as good as any of the Apple shows; E3 had some cringeworthy CGI that would look more at home on U-62.

You’re making me want to watch the whole series again.

1 Like