The sci-fi TV thread

Sleeping chambers, forthwith.

1 Like

Two very significant, equally exciting parts.

1 Like

Anyone watching Mrs. Davis?

I have watched the first couple of episodes. Plan to get back into it this weekend.

This is awesome.

https://twitter.com/CuriousRefuge/status/1652412004626497536

We made a StarWars trailer in the style of Wes Anderson. Hope you guys enjoy it!

1 Like

Not sci fi, but this is also excellent

1 Like
1 Like

Fuck. Yes.

1 Like

This looks like the re-boot of the tremors franchise we’ve all been waiting for.

3 Likes

Everyone reading this thread knows what day it is today. That’s right. It’s my nephew’s birthday.

2 Likes

Somebody oughta get his mitochlorian count.

1 Like

I don’t understand the reference and I won’t respond to it.

4 Likes

Sorry in advance for the poor HTML formatting but I could not resist. This is the text from the IT newsletter my team sent out today:

🤖 These cyber tips are fit for a Jedi! 👊 #MayThe4thBeWithYou

Avoid public phone charging stations!

A smart phone with an image of a light saber plugged into a wall with the words "Use the electrical outlet!" below it.188x251

A long time ago, in a decade called the 2010s, cybersecurity experts learned bad actors 👾 were stealing data in malls and airports via public phone charging stations. They named this tactic, “juice jacking.” ⚡

Their advice? When you’re traveling far from home and need to charge your phone, here’s how to protect your data from the dark side:

1. Bring your personal charger
  2. Use an electrical outlet - NOT public USB ports
  3. Watch your device while it’s charging

Yoda says, Do, you must. There is no try.

Learn about ‘juice jacking’

Is your home tech setup secure?

Darth Vader at a laptop with red eyes177x236

When R2-D2 starts whirring and beeping, everybody knows the Death Star’s network is about to get hacked. But how many data breaches does it take for Darth Vader to finally listen to his cybersecurity team?!

Did you update your software, Darth? Were you using 2-factor authentication? Are you STILL using your default password (#IAmYourFather123!)?Jeez! 🤦

But wait. 🛑 When’s the last time you audited YOUR home cybersecurity? 🏠

Don’t be a Darth. Review your home setup on a regular basis. Let our newly updated Home User Security infographic meet your needs. 👇

Protect your personal network & devices

Now approaching: Mid-year reviews!

Woman in a spaceship starting at a bright light164x294

In hyperspace, Princess Leia is thinking of things that fly. The Millennium Falcon 🦅… Chewbacca’s temper 👿… And yes, of course, time! ⌚

We’re zooming warp speed through fiscal year 2023, and it’s hard to believe we’re halfway through. Time for mid-year reviews!

By May 31, GSA employees should acknowledge their mid-year in HR Links. Let these job aids guide you:

✔ Complete Your Self-Assessment (for Employees)

✔ Acknowledge Your Progress (for Employees)

✔ Complete Your Employees’ Review (for Supervisors)

Now’s the time to check your trajectory. Chart your course for the rest of the year! #Maythe4thBeWithYou 👊

DID YOU LIKE THIS NEWSLETTER?

Send us feedback by clicking on the face that best matches yours at the moment!

happy faceneutral faceunhappy face

I would also like to extend a sincere Happy Sinko de Cuatro to those who celebrate.

Munchen grazie.

If that’s a thinly veiled criticism about me, I won’t hear it and I won’t respond to it.

1 Like

I believe your last name is Raup not Bluth.

But my dog’s name is Buster (Byron).

Well, are you a graduate of the Milford School?

1 Like

Way too seen and heard to be a Milford man.

1 Like