The sci-fi TV thread

Trust no one.

I thought this was the episode that finally pushed way too far on the nostalgia button.

But to your points:

Summary

HOW do they have Kirk’s body? Didn’t it get swallowed by the Nexus or whatever that was called?

I thought that whole speech was prologue to the end reveal that they had kidnapped Troi

I do appreciate them getting back to Worf being the humor MVP

1 Like

Looks like someone forgot the ending to a mediocre/bad Trek movie.

Spoiler

Kirk came out of the Nexus with Picard, into the 24th century. He died on Veridian III and Picard buried him under a bunch of rocks before he was rescued.

1 Like

“Mediocre/bad” would be the upper end of non-First Contact TNG movies

IV (whales) is great but VI (Chang, his second mention this week) is my favorite. I’m one of the few that likes V (God) because i think its kind of funny. Agree though that First Contact is number one.

Mediocre/bad is the upper end of most Trek movies. 6, 2, 8, and 11 are the only ones I would consider “good”. I’ve said it before: Trek is at its best on TV.

I watched episodes 3, 4 and 5 of S3 of the Mandalorian tonight. With the pace that the two distinct storylines are developing and likely to meet at some future point, I don’t know how they wrap it all up by the end of the season if this is a typical eight episode season.

My suspicion is that it’s going to lead neatly in to Ahsoka Season 1.

I’m still unclear on the Armorer’s “station”. Din has the dark saber, why isn’t he in charge?

In the bigger picture, is Din even still the main protagonist of the story?

Oh, and my thoughts on Bo Katan from Ep 1 still hold.

I think that the Armorer is more concerned with getting all the Mandalorians back together first, then we’ll have a throwdown for who is the true leader.

I am pretty sure that the armorer is the religious leader, not the leader, as defined by the creed, where the holder of the dark saber leads, the Mandalorian’s.

On Picard, is there an in-story explanation for

Summary

Why the changelings on the Shrike are maintaining their solid form when no solids are around?

I mean other than “that CGI is expensive”

I’m not real clear on a lot of the Mandalorian culture. My wife asked me if they take their helmets off when they fuck and I didn’t have an answer.

Several possibilities:

1. No, they do not. That’s why foundlings are so vital.

2. Yes, they do, but it is an exception to the creed.

3. Yes, they do, and they keep the helmets on. Oral pleasure is a foreign concept to Children of the Watch.

What a strange curiosity. Or maybe not.

She has uhhh…a unique way of seeing the world and expressing herself. And no filter.

And, I expect, she has a helmet.

1 Like

This is the way.

How does a Mandalorian fuck?

4 Likes