The sci-fi TV thread

:scream: :scream: :scream:

FAM S1E7-8

Summary

None of you bastards warned me about this

Yes that silvery pompadour does make you snicker.

Currently on E7. Some of the character storylines are a bit boring (M’Benga’s daughter suspended in the transporter, Spock’s love life, Nurse Chapel’s love life) but those are minor quibbles. Really enjoying the show so far.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about the reimagined Gorn.

I haven’t seen it but I heard their children are a real terror.

Let’s just say Ridley Scott’s finger is hovering over the send button on his cease and desist.

I was actually going for the cheap “Children of the Gorn” pun, but now I know what they look like too.

1 Like

But it seems like the Gorn isn’t going to be the big bad or at least not the only big bad.

They could be setting it up for a spin-off. Many Gorn-themed ideas immediately spring to mind:

Children of the Gorn: A pod of infant Gorn are unknowingly jettisoned from a mothership and drift in stasis for unknown centuries until they land on Earth, are reared by a kindly blind couple and go on the wreak havoc on the galaxy.
The Gorn Identity: An infant Gorn in a pod is unknowingly jettisoned from a mothership and drifts in stasis for unknown centuries before crashing into Planet XY-2567 in the Beta Quadrant. He is found and raised by two kindly Xylosians until he grows up to wreak havoc on the galaxy.
Gorn Free: Another infant Gorn in another pod etc. etc. crashes into Earth and two kindly behavioral scientists raise it as a pet and beloved family member before it becomes “too much” and is released into the wild. Then it goes on to wreak havoc on the galaxy.
Gorn in Sixty Seconds: An orphan Gorn learns how to fight and steal in the School of Hard Knocks. Becomes an expert at stealing spacecraft and piloting them FAST! He goes on the wreak havoc on the galaxy.

There’s such a wide variety of options!

1 Like

Well, they were never gonna bring this absurdity back:

1 Like

I’m glad this is written down somewhere.

1 Like

Sure and I’ll reserve my judgement until we see a full grown Gorn but I guess my reservations come from their behavior.

1 Like

Gorn on the 4th of July when a peaceful Gorn mistakes the Independence Day celebratory fireworks for an attack and plots its revenge on the purported attackers.

A Star is Gorn when a young Gorn discovers a talent for singing and a love for an alcoholic mentor.

Gorn of the Rings is the epic tale of the historic effort by a single Gorn to win gold in every event at the Olympics.

2 Likes

gornhub.com

2 Likes

A new take on having a few Gorns inside you.

1 Like

The LongGorns announced they are joining the Federation Athletic Conference

1 Like

superb

These are great! One note, though: They should all go on to wreak havoc on the galaxy because “pew! pew! zap! zap!”.

1 Like

Just finished FAM S1. If S2 really does kick it up a notch, I’m in for a treat.

And “My Way” is still haunting me.

2 Likes

S2 has the customary mid-season filler, but you better be strapped in by the time you get to the finale.