The sci-fi TV thread

My guess is they’re setting up

Spoiler

a monumental fuck-up

Agreed.

Spoiler

One of the missions is going to get into trouble, and one of the others is going to help, giving Mars to the third. I do not know whether Danny is going to be the cause of the fuck up, or the hero, or both. But that’s why he’s there.

Also, at some point during the long journey, he’s going to tell Ed that he boned his wife. And we know how well Ed takes such things…

Summary

Bone?
Bone?!?!
BONE!!!

1 Like

FAM S3 E4. Holy shit! Brutal.

Spoiler

Margo is going to have some ‘splainin’ to do.

Stranger Things S4P2 nailed it in many ways, but a special shout out to the music director’s work, especially on the Separate Ways/ST theme mashup

1 Like

The only thing I’m going to say about Thor: Love and Thunder is that there’s now a Ted Lasso connection. Kind of.

1 Like

Just watched S3E4 of FAM tonight. Yikes. Haunting final image.

1 Like
Summary

He really is everyfuckingwhere

First picture from the Webb telescope.

5 Likes

Webb’s image covers a patch of sky approximately the size of a grain of sand held at arm’s length by someone on the ground – and reveals thousands of galaxies in a tiny sliver of vast universe.

4 Likes

It’s mind blowing.

1 Like

But, her e-mails! And, the 26th man is only hitting .226!

2 Likes

And to be more detailed…each one of those points of lights is a galaxy, each with hundreds of billions of stars. That’s over 2 quadrillion stars (and potential solar systems) in that one grain of sand sized image…and that’s only what’s within 4.6 billion light years (or about 1.4 billion parsecs for you Star Wars nerds).

Mind boggling, indeed.

1 Like

Here it is at 10x zoom.

7 Likes

Cosmology is fascinating.

the universe is at least 250 times larger than the observable universe, or at least 7 trillion light-years across

1 Like

Can I buy some pot from you?

5 Likes

They have now animated the first few images from the JWST.

The universe might be infinite. Why not?

1 Like

More stunning images from the JWST. Here’s the Carina Nebula:

1 Like