The Letter

I know. That’s what got me all riled up. It’s laughable, really.

The runners weren’t signaling pitches, they were doing an interpretive dance inspired by the catcher.

2 Likes

I just can’t get around believing that somehow Manfred and minions will find a way to minimize the extinct of the infractions against the favored child and effectively sweep everything under the rug. No matter what they did it will never be “as bad as what the Astros did to the integrity of the game”.

That’s how scapegoats work.

It probably all depends on where Jomboy comes down.

2 Likes

The letter has already been written so any minimizing which Manfred does is either in the letter already or will be in a predictable attempt to whitewash it latter.

I want every Astros fan in attendance to chant cheater at every Yankees player when the come to bat in Houston forevermore. It’s time to start dishing that shit out for a change.

1 Like

Same goes for playing the sawx/massholes.

Certified Redneck Training is now mandatory in Florida.

What now?

You’re forgetting Asterix’ oversized best buddy, Obelisk. I was assigned Asterix as reading at school, but in the original French. The only thing from which I remember is that they say “pan” instead of “bang”, probably because it’s less threatening.

Also, fuck the Yankees.

To none of our surprise, the Astros were a convenient scapegoat.

FUCK THE YANKEES

3 Likes

I hope every Astros’ fan chants cheaters at the Yankees when they visit Minute Maid Park. Hypocrites.

3 Likes

About as expected. They stole signs with video but their scheme was designed more like Boston’s than like Houston’s. Whether you think that matters determines your reaction here. I see the national writers have already decided it makes all the difference.

It’s comical and also completely expected that the line of demarcation between the Astros’ and everyone else’s scheme is the method by which the stolen signs were transmitted to the hitter, which is also the thing that isn’t against the rules.

7 Likes

He fined them $100,000.00

Surprising they could make payroll after that.

Follow the link for photo of the letter.

Per buster olney on ESPN-

“A years-old letter sent by Major League Baseball to the Yankees and obtained by ESPN on Tuesday details illicit use of technology that was relatively benign within the context of the sign-stealing scandals that occurred around the game at the same time.”

‘relatively benign’

Fuck you, buster.

And fuck rob manfred.

And finally, as always, fuck The Evil Empire/yanks.

5 Likes

Well, that settles it. Move along, nothing to see here. The guilty have been punished.