The Letter

I hope the “bad results” are on the field.

Where did I state or imply otherwise?

Yeah “the media created bullshit expectations” is how I read you in the first place.

Are you feeling combative today, Waldo?

When you hear a DA or a GJ say indictments are imminent, then you can have expectations. Release of the letter is 100% a legal process, unlike statements Trump will go to jail.

I’m not sure it’s me that’s feeling combative.

That’s what VZ said, and look where it got HIM.

Anyone wanna bet that portions of the letter will be redacted?

1 Like

Dear Yankees,

(Redacted)

Hugs and Kisses,
Rob

1 Like

They already said names will be redacted.

Anyone wanna bet that the sun will rise tomorrow?

My serious guess as to the contents:

MLB will outline some accusations that have been made against the Yankees and warn them not to use YES cameras.

The outline will be vague.

If stuff is redacted which should not be, there are legal remedies for that too.

It either will or it won’t. So it’s 50/50. I learned that in math class in Florida.

2 Likes

Did they slip that in between CRT lessons?

Something like that is what I’m expecting. Considering how short the report on the Astros was, I don’t think a private “knock it off” letter to NYY will offer much detail at all.

I used to read asterix in europe, a small town in gaul resisting the romans. The chief vitalstatistics was always afraid tomorrow the sky would fall on his head. Of course tomorrow never comes, because when it does, it is today. They had a potion that gave them super strength, their druid getafix made it. Their bard was cacaphonics. Read one not too long ago. Always fun.

2 Likes

The stupid equivocating has already started. Look at this tripe from The Athletic:

Yankees Letter set to go public

The New York Yankees **[lost their appeal Thursday to prevent the release of what’s been dubbed the Yankees Letter detailing the team’s alleged sign interpretation scheme in 2015 and 2016. Emphasis on interpretation, as MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in 2017 the operation — in which the Yankees used video rooms to crack catcher’s signals, then relayed that to base runners, who then alerted hitters as to what pitch was coming — only violated rules about the dugout phone, not the content of what was said on the dugout phones. It’s all vague, and if the Yankees and MLB had their way, it’d stay that way. Now, we’ll get to see the full details in a week or so. Grab some popcorn.

2015, eh? So to recap:

2015 - Yankees were stealing signs, and we beat their asses
2017 - Astros were stealing signs, and we beat their asses
2019 - neither team was stealing signs, and we beat their asses

14 Likes

I like the summation

“Sign interpretation”. That’s hilarious.

1 Like