The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

This surprises you, why?

Scouts are great vehicles. I once took a wrecked scout and put a 1940 Ford pickup body on the chassis/running gear. It would go anywhere.

Because they quit making them 45 years ago and there are not many still out there. And they were all steel so many turned to dust. And they require constant maintenance. Just not something you see often.

1 Like

Mine was a ‘77. It had that same 345 V8 that Walz’s has. It was a tank. Guys used to brag about their Jeeps or Broncos or whatever, but my binder would drag your Jeep around sideways. It got about 9 mpg though.

Sounds like Walz is exactly the sort of bloke who could keep one of these going.

Walz seems like the kind of bloke who’d get up at 4:30 am, work three hours on this thing just so he could reward himself with a big bowl of plain oatmeal.

4 Likes

Latest Trump scam: commemorative coins

Dude is desperate for cash.

Harris carpet-bombing truth.

Would you (or anyone!) like to buy a '47 CJ-2A Willys?

I want someone to use it, I’ve gotten spoiled by Mules and such.

ETA:

1 Like

Very cool, I bet yours would go anywhere and pull anything you could hook it to. Those Internationals seem to run forever too. Seems as if mine was a smaller v8, maybe a 304. The Scout body was trashed on mine. The chassis fit the Ford body well. A blast to drive.

She can dance a Cajun rhythm
Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive
She’s a summer lover in spring fall and winter
She can make happy any man alive

2 Likes

Man if I still had my place I’d be all over it. Just not sure what I’d do with it at the moment.

The Scout 800, which they made from ‘69-‘71 came with two V8 options, the 266 or the 304. The Scout II came out in late ‘71 and had either the 304 or the 345. They made the Scout II until 1980, but the ‘80 model year were all diesel engines made by Nissan.

I learned how to drive stick on that exact rig 40 years ago.

All yall talk to people, I’d love to turn it over to someone who will care for it and appreciate it.

My first car in HS in ‘89 was a ‘78 Scout 2.
It. Was. A. Beast.
One of my best friends in HS had a Scout Traveler. It still had an 8-track player :joy:

1 Like

Trump isn’t campaigning.

He is going to rely on certification shenanigans throwing the win to him. Taking the House behind a Harris win is imperative.

Do you think there are people out there who don’t know who he is?

Of course not; but that’s not the reason he’s not campaigning.

His plan has always been to rely on shenanigans. That’s the GOP playbook. He’s isn’t campaigning because he doesn’t want to nor does he need to.

1 Like

Holy shit!

Trump and the RNC raised a combined $130 million in August. Harris and the DNC raised $257 million.

The GOP is being forced into defending more and more states and more and more senate seats, when their coffers are already all but empty and new money isn’t coming in.