The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

SCOTUS doing SCOTUS things.

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 9.46.16 AM

Context:

Screenshot 2024-06-14 at 9.49.02 AM

The Las Vegas shooter fired 95 rounds per minute for 11 straight minutes. That includes time spent reloading and swapping guns. 95rpm is 1.5 shots per second. PER SECOND!

ā€¦ā€œmore than one shot, without manual reloadingā€¦ā€

Who let this dipshittery get into the dissent? It just adds to the gun nutsā€™ talking point of ā€œthese people donā€™t know anything about guns yet they want to regulate themā€

Sure. But at the same time when the Constitution was written (and amended), they sure as shit were not considering bump stocks.

1 Like

A healthier debate revolves more about what a weapon can do, rather than oneā€™s knowledge of the machinery.

As an aside, I donā€™t understand your point, but it reminds me of an argument I had with a buddy back in the ā€œassault weaponā€ ban in the 90s. He would ridicule me for not knowing what the fuck I was talking about, but I know enough to choose what weapons Iā€™d like to ban and what weapons Iā€™d like to allow. His type have controlled the debate since then, and nothing has gotten better, which was likely his goal.

2 Likes

Always dangerous to put any kind of gun in the hands of a crazed radical Democrat.

Iā€™d be happy if the debate included why weapons are allowed by the 2nd amendment in the first place; i.e. the first line of a two line sentence.

Itā€™s ludicrous to argue that bump stocks are necessary for home defense, but itā€™s also ludicrous to argue that the ā€œsecurity of a free stateā€ includes personal protection in any way, shape or form. But here we are.

1 Like

Howā€™s your Friday?

1 Like

Better than the Bidenā€™s.

The last cursed object with a chain of custody that shady was the One Ringā€¦

Iā€™m reading more reports of Republicans trying to get Trump to withdraw from debating Biden. I think itā€™s now better than even money that he will chicken out.

Taylor Swift diatribes and ā€œbattery vs sharkā€ soliloquies may not play well to a non-cult audience. That and the fact that thereā€™s a pretty good chance that one of the debaters will drool and shit himself, and it wonā€™t be Joe.

1 Like

Iā€™d have bet foldinā€™ money that he was never going to debate Biden.

4 Likes

My basic point was, as a gun owner/user (itā€™s pretty much a necessity in my little world) who is also an advocate of gun regulation that goes way beyond what we currently have, it pisses me off when people ā€œmyā€ side of the argument say dumb things (I was referring to the ā€œwithout manually reloadingā€ part, which is nonsense in the literal sense of the word)

1 Like

Iā€™m not even sold on the need for semi-auto, but Iā€™ve never stood in front of a charging javelina, either.

I think a big problem is the combination of things. A ban on semi-autos would mitigate partially the threat from 100-round butterfly magazines. A ban on expanded capacity magazines would mitigate the threat from bump stocks, etc. etc.

The problem with the gun lobby - and where I think they lose most people - is that its philosophy is every gun, everywhere all at once.

Except at the NRA convention, of course.

If you were really serious about curbing gun violence in America the first thing you would do is ban handguns.

2 Likes

You could argue that long guns are more important to the security of free state than handguns.

Youā€™re thinking of feral pigs, in all my time in South Texas, I never saw a javelina do anything other than ignore you or run away

That will never happen. Nor should it.

The Jonad files, but for you know who.

https://www.threads.net/@bnolte_/post/C8ON4ZfO5MP/?xmt=AQGzCtfOZblAGpgYJmCZ739XJHGDpgkfBLlNsayBwWF77g