The Inevitable What About The Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread Thread

Costello was there, and heā€™d actually have a better argument that there was a contract between him and trump. If he didnā€™t immediately go back and send a letter to trump saying Iā€™m not your lawyer but youā€™ve agreed to pay me on behalf of my client heā€™s kind of an idiot.

Of course he is representing Giuliani.

1 Like

Hawley grandstands and filibusters about Israel during his questioning of DHS Sec. Mayorkas.

https://x.com/therecount/status/1719395281039487122

Durbin let Mayorkas have time to respond once Hawley had run out his clock.

https://x.com/MollyJongFast/status/1719396158919913833

I think someone needs to call CSI: DC, because thereā€™s been a murderā€¦

1 Like

Harlan Protass is a Fargo S5 character and you cannot convince me otherwise

1 Like

Translation: ā€œfuck off Josh you nazi cowardā€

1 Like

https://x.com/SundaeDivine/status/1719370190301933576?s=20

š•Šš•¦š•Ÿš••š•’š•–_š”»š•šš•§š•šš•Ÿš•–

@SundaeDivine

Mike Johnson is freaking out - the war in Ukraine is going so poorly Putin may have to lay off a dozen Republican Congressmen.

Google New York Statute of Frauds. It will tell all you want to know about the requirements for an enforceable oral contract.

1 Like

beavis-and-butthead-laughing

1 Like

Happy ā€œDon Jrā€™s Time in the Barrelā€ Day for all who celebrate.

1 Like

Nothing to see hereā€¦

1 Like

He has all of his money in coins. Nickels to be exact. Theyā€™re buried in an undisclosed location near Natchitoches.

1 Like

His wife runs a ministry of sorts. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to seem them both grifting off this, tax-free a la Olsteen.

Fun Fact: Mrs Johnsonā€™s ministry recently did an emergency scrub of its website to remove potentially problematic content, such as the ministryā€™s support for gay conversion therapy.

And all in Folgers Coffee cans.

There were two witnesses scheduled today ahead of Don Jr. The defense attorneys are trying to filibuster the second of those two witnesses, to push off Jrā€™s testimony as long as possible.

Iā€™d wonder what they think this will achieve, but this is Trump, and heā€™s never seen a can he didnā€™t want to kick down the road. Even if itā€™s only by a couple of yards.

The GOP plan - to offset $14.3 billion of aide to Israel by cutting the IRSā€™ budget by the equivalent amount - has been assessed for its impact on IRS collections.

Iā€™m sure this is a feature, not a bug.

Jr takes the stand. Let the air-quoting begin.

giphy

1 Like

Jr. testifies that he was running the company - with Eric - from Jan 2017 onwards. Also, Jr testifies that he did fuck all and knew fuck all of the running of the company. This all sounds like heā€™s lying to cover his ass, but then itā€™s Don Jr. weā€™re talking about. He could be telling the Godā€™s honest truth.

Other things Jr didnā€™t know today included which Trump org company was his employer, and whether a special entity set up specifically to pay royalties to him and Eric, paid royalties to him and Eric.

Johnson on the scoring of his spending shenanigans:

Only in Washington when you cut spending do they call it an increase in the deficit.

Tell me you donā€™t know how the deficit accumulates without telling me you donā€™t know how the deficit accumulates.

1 Like

From what I have seen, this is a representative example of how Jrā€™s testimony went.

Again. Itā€™s entirely plausible that it is true that this a document that Jr. signed giving him control of billions (allegedly) of his fatherā€™s assets, and that this is a document that Jr. has no fucking clue about.