Texans 2023

Hear, hear. It’s not the “Persian” Gulf. Unless you want a punch in the nuts.

I’m not exactly down with all the Saudi politics, but Arab culture is a treasure.

Of course not. It’s wack. Aspects of the culture however, particularly it’s hospitality tradition, are sublime. While hotels in Al Khobar are excellent, I would prefer to hang in Bahrain whenever possible. When not possible, I would try to hang at the British Aerospace compound because of the lively pub or the U.S. Consulate for the volleyball games.

I use to date a gal from Iran, well her parents were. Yasmin was born in the states. I realize that’s Persian and not Arabian, so she smelled like vanilla and tasted of cinnamon.

2 Likes

I never tried to taste an Arab girl. I’m not as brave as HH.

That’s one of the wonderful things about Houston…I don’t have to go over there, they’re already here

Persians are some of the most beautiful-looking people on the planet, and they created my favorite curry (dansak).

1 Like

Your life is incomplete

1 Like

Go fuck yourself.

The whole damn league has lost their minds at the draft. Through 12 picks there are 6 QBs taken.

At least half of which will be busts, if history is any guide. My personal prediction is that Washington and Minnesota will both come to regret their choices. And probably NYJ, too. And maybe New England.

Now, I’m probably wrong on one or two of them, but that’s just it: nobody knows how these guys will pan out.

How’d they score on the cognition test?

? I see Daniels as #1A.
I don’t want JAX to get Mitchell.

Apparently the Falcons didn’t even tell Kirk Cousins they were drafting Penix.

And Denver taking Bo Nix shows that New Orleans success was all Brees and not coaching smarts.

2 Likes

On the other, saner, hand: having a good young (ie cost-controlled) QB is the best way to get from the top of the draft to being competitive in rapid fashion. I don’t blame teams for rolling the dice on them, though the Bo Nix pick did make me say wtf?

There was a snark tweet earlier today that said the S2 test was mentioned 1500 times last draft season and exactly 0 times this year.

Both moves are baffling, the Broncos in particular (the Falcons probably figure Cousins will be injured by midseason). Why would you give the Jets anything in exchange for Wilson if you knew you were drafting a QB?

The Jets collected on Wilson then collected on MIN by being able to credibly threaten drafting a QB at #10.

That’s a valid point; credit to them.

Psycho.

Oh, and if the tables were reversed, with a fan approaching Tepper (and taking off his cap) the fan would be arrested. And, reminding, Tepper threw his drink on someone and wasn’t charged- if that person had thrown a drink on Tepper they might have been shot.