Table Games can = time well spent with your kids & grandkids!

For the kiddos: Ice Cool, Rhino hero, sushi go, 13 Deadend Drive, Abandon all Artichokes (age ranges vary).
The teens: Nefarious, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Munchkin.
Me: Wingspan (a beautiful game if you like bird watching).

I love Dune!!! 2019 and 1970s - I have two.

Had no idea how many games that work that are out there.

I grew up playing strategy/war games: Tactics 2 & D-Day -.both were a lot more fun than Midway,

I used to be a master @ Risk, but now my grand kids’ minds move so fast those days are over. They love KILLING me. Sometimes they take their time, 3+ hours. They reach for the game every time I see them, even tho I would rather play catch…

2 Likes

My parents taught us Chicken foot. Spades works great as a mixer for up to 3 - 4 tables of adults, never playing with the same partner. It’s a great way to get to know each other quickly. Competition kinda makes you let your guard down.

Kids also love hearts, spades, and Life. Our grand sons LOVE LOTR games - they are not a quick study for me.

We are blessed to live close to our eight grand kids. We downsized to 2 BR in retirement but used air mattresses to accommodate up to 3-4 for the night while they were younger - a great investment. Have helped three learn to drive.

Love making memories with them.

3 Likes

Ran across this article last week.

1 Like

That’s so cool, Snuffy!!!

Glad you enjoyed it, @TomWarm,

I dug down into the Game of life and found interesting stuff:

1 Like

Family game day New Years day 2024.

Happy New years everyone

Please tell me it has actual gushers.

1 Like

If you like trivia games, this has been one of our new favorites:

A few buddies and I played Poetry for Neanderthals recently, which was a blast for us and for my friend’s ten-year-old who joined us. The game is really simple: get your partner to guess the word on your card, but you can only speak in one-syllable words when giving hints (example: if the word is “syrup,” you could give a hint like “sweet sauce for flat food.”)

The box comes with an inflatable club for whacking your opponents when they slip up and use multisyllabic words. The kid really liked that part. Highly recommend.

We played it a few weeks ago. Pretty fun!!

1 Like