Table Games can = time well spent with your kids & grandkids!

We’re here b/c we like spectator sports but chances are we have some kids in our life that would be engaged in more “active,” engaging activities including table games.

Kids/grand kids love to play - especially when they can beat you.

Here are a few others for starters: hearts, spades, Monopoly, Cover Your Assets, Sorry, and Memory - not a geezer game!

Feel free to add others that work for you.

1 Like

So I was bored. . .

6 Likes

We love Catan, Uno, Monopoly, Scabble, Secret Hitler, Stratego, Axis & Allies, and much more! I love Chess (before my stroke, my rating was 1900 USCF; after my stroke, 1200) and poker (Texas Hold-Em).

1 Like

You’ve got Pettite sitting right there waiting to be played, need to use one of your blanks

1 Like

I can’t count how many games of Axis and Allies I started without ever finishing one

4 Likes

I still have mine from way back when, and my brother and I keep threatening to play a game, but somehow, shockingly, it’s never happened.

Loved that game!

2 Likes

This game has no blanks.

Had to quit to go to work, but took the pic so I can pick it back up another time.

Besides many of those mentioned, I like playing Clue, Life, Skip Bo, Sorry, Aggravation, Trouble and Rummikub with my wife and daughter. Clue, in particular, is one of my favorite board games.

3 Likes

70% we played and finished. 30% we played and we didn’t finished. It was four hours, though!

1 Like

Mrs banedoodle and I have recently become quite boardgamey. Pandemic, Viticulture, Quacks of Quedlinburg, My City, Cascadia, Everdell…all excellent.

2 Likes

Mine, too. 80%, win-loss pct.

I love Clue and Rummikub! I like Life (1960s - 3 stars - and 2000s - 2 stars). I didn’t like Sorry (1 star).

2 Likes

Never heard of any of those.

I, too, love playing Clue and Rummikub. We also like playing a lot of card games, and a popular game in my wife’s family is called May I. It’s similar to playing Rummy or Rummikub, except every hand you have different combinations of sets and runs you must lay down on the table before someone gets rid of all their cards.

Sorry is a good game if we are short on time as a family because it can be completed quickly. I prefer playing Aggravation, which is similar and takes longer.

As for Life, I have the original 1960s version, which my wife and I like to play, and we have a more kid-friendly version that we play with our eight-year old featuring Pets and dance-offs, etc. My parents had the 1990s/2000s version that I played growing up.

1 Like

Pente was a fun one

1 Like

I haven’t thought of Pente in a long time. I was in college in Edmond Oklahoma when Pente became an overnight sensation. Expanding from Stillwater, soon every bar, pizza joint, burger place, ice cream shop, ect… in the area, had multiple tables of people playing that game.

1 Like

I like Pente, too. And Go.

Tomorrow we are playing “Stock Market”

I’m not sure how long its been since that was made.

1 Like

Buy low, sell high.

3 Likes