Sxsw canceled

NBA is most likely either going to suspend the season or play games in empty arenas. It’s inevitable that MLB will do one or the other.

Empty stadiums make more sense, IMO. If they just suspend it, it will be a hard call on when it is OK to restart, and if they decide to, then they’re going to need a lead up like Spring Training to get the players up to speed.

Besides, the public needs to some entertainment if they are not going to be out and about, traveling, etc.

Rodeo is canceled. Announcement happening today.

Cabrera cancelled the rodeo.

MLB could earn world of goodwill (and likely some fans) by making MLB.TV free and blackout-free during such a period.

1 Like

Playing in front of empty stadiums is the obvious choice, but forfeiting all the gate revenue, concession revenue, merchandise revenue, etc. can’t be an easy decision for the owners to make.

Hmm, safety concerns over money… We’ll see which one wins.

2 Likes

If they shorten the season would insurance cover the games not played?

I would almost expect them to postpone the start of the season instead, but JBM makes good points about how that would be difficult for the players.

Then again, the owners often don’t have the players’ best interests in mind.

Doubtful that the Rockets would notice the difference.

There’s so much to consider in this situation that we’ve never thought about before. Like the players getting sick too. There are already rumors that some Yankees are showing symptoms. So if the teams have to keep playing games, they will be infecting each other. And how entertaining will games be with a bunch of sick guys?

Maybe MLB could tinker with the IL and allow more flexibility for sick players. Also, what about the umpires? What about the minor leagues? How will the teams travel? The whole situation is just nuts.

I saw where Gary Sanchez was suspected and tested, but turns out he doesn’t have it.

In other news, Kuwait is the latest country to lock up. I was supposed to be there this week, but we decided to do our meetings via videoconference, but just got word they’ve shut down the entire country. Closed the airport, shut down all business and sent everyone on a 2-week holiday.

The community-spread coronavirus case diagnosed in Montgomery County that prompted the City of Houston to act was at the Rodeo BBQ cookoff on the 28th.

poor 4H and ffa kids who depend on the auction money for the animals they raise. Mattress Mack always there to contribuet

4-H and FFA on a field trip to the farm, me 'n a friend sneak off behind this big old barn where we uncovered a covered-up moonshine still and we thought we’d drink our fill. I swallered it with a smile, I run ten mile.

The Rodeo did announce that they will be giving out their usual amount of scholarships.

Mariners are now having to decide where their early season home games will be played after Washington Gov announced events greater than 250 people will be prohibited until March 31.

Them vintage blue corduroy jackets can fetch a pretty penny down at the thrift store by the college.

We were told this week that the safest place to be was at our office. We have plenty of soap and we semi-regularly clean the toilets. So in no uncertain terms…unless you’re at death’s door, get your ass to work.

NCAA announced that March Madness will be played in empty arenas.