Super Bowl LVIII

Per KC Police Chief:

• total number of victims currently unknown, at least 10, possibly more
  • 1 confirmed death
  • 2 in custody

With two shooters the immediate question is whether this was a “these two guys said let’s go be mass shooters at the parade” situation or a “these two guys were at the parade and ended up shooting at each other and hit a bunch of people” situation. Rare, but certainly not impossible, that it’d be the former.

From the information coming out it appears to be the latter. Both long guns and hand guns involved. They’ve already said it’s not terrorism. Eyewitnesses reported to have said the perps were young (teenagers).

Fun Fact: Missouri has some of the openest of open carry laws in the nation.

1 Like

One KC hospital reports they are treating 12 victims, 8 are children with gun shot wounds.

I’m assuming this is all handguns

Jesus Christ.

Reporters saying both long and hand guns. Given where this happened and that it appears to be two shooters having it out, hand guns only would make more sense.

If any of this can make sense.

Scared that the numbers are already higher than originally reported and that the majority are kids.

1 Like

News briefing any minute now. Number of kids being treated now up to 11.

KC schools were closed today so the kids could attend the parade.

I’m having early dinner at my local joint in Northwest Arkansas (solid Chiefs’ country) and basically everyone here knows someone who drove up for the parade.

Gun shot victim count up to 22. Still only 1 confirmed death.

8 with life-threatening injuries.

So, these two have some pedantic beef with each other and are shooting it out. They fire off enough rounds that they have to stop and reload and, seeing a bunch of people on the ground, including a bunch of kids, they reload and keep firing?

Just your typical well organized militia.

5 Likes

2 alleged shooters in custody. It’s possible there were more people involved in the beef who weren’t apprehended.

There’s no reporting to suggest any friendly fire victims but, given the “everyone, everywhere, all at once” gun laws in Missouri, that’s a non-zero possibility.

nvm

I was walking up to attend a concert in Arkansas and observed a guy come up to a police officer and explain he’d forgotten to leave his concealed pistol in his car and to ask the officer if he would hold it for him for 3 hours. The officer, to his credit, refused. About 15 minutes later, the Chief of that police unit was standing near to me and I approached him and praised the response of the officer, saying the scene was frankly hysterical to me being recently from New Jersey. The Chief looked at me and said “this is Arkansas- lots of people carry.” This was extremely valuable information.

If they would have armed the Chiefs, that never would haver happened.

2 Likes

Gang stuff, my Kansas friend says.

Custer disagrees

Sometimes getting to go to Disney World isn’t the best part about winning the Super Bowl:

Son of Kansas City Chiefs head coach has DUI sentence commuted by governor (yahoo.com)

1 Like

I blame Taylor.