Super Bowl LVIII

May as well talk about it

To start…I’m not usually one to watch much of the pregame hype, but I’m watching some retrospective on the NFL on CBS. Jayne Kennedy was, and still is, a fucking smoke show.

1 Like

Go Taylor’s boyfriend

1 Like

It’s an interesting matchup, with the Chief’s offense and the 9’ers defense unusually being their weak(ish) links.

No real rooting interest for me, but I like Purdy, so go San Fran.

I have zero rooting interest, but man I can’t wait to see all the old white people whining about Taylor Swift tomorrow. I’ll probably watch at least some of the game, but my viewership of all things NFL has really gone down the last few years overall.

5 Likes

One of my wife’s former students is the team photographer of the Chiefs so we are pulling for the team photographer to get some cool super bowl trophy pics.

4 Likes

It will be especially intense if KC wins, since cooking up conspiracy theories seems to be the new national pastime.

3 Likes

There are three kinds of Old White People Who Hate Taylor Swift:

1. She’s a woke liberal, burn her!
  2. You call that music?
  3. Yoko Ono is breaking up the band!
5 Likes

This has absolutely been me. I still love NFL playoffs but much like basketball, the regular season is way down my list of priorities. One reason why I prefer college football over NFL is the stakes of every single game is just much higher. Lose a college game and you really hurt your chances of going where you wanna go. Lose an NFL game, well as long as you don’t lose 8 more then you should be fine.

4 Likes

One of my brothers has lived in the NoCal area since the 80s, so i suppose I’ll pull for SF but would love to see the heads exploding and conspiracy theories (as mentioned above) if the Chiefs win. How someone can be a demented sock puppet yet still control the NFL is beyond me.

1 Like

Outside of the Texans, I don’t watch much NFL reg season unless it’s an especially interesting game and I don’t have anything better to do or the weather is crappy or something. I’ve kind of gotten the same way with MLB outside of the Astros.

College football I can watch a good matchup between almost any 2 teams. Same with College hoops.

4 Likes

I still throw on baseball games all summer, Astros or not but its as much background noise as anything else. I don’t often sit down and watch a non Astros game for more than a couple innings.

3 Likes

This is my fear around the expanded playoff.

1 Like

There’s bound to be some of that for sure. But even with going to 12 teams, you’re not gonna have 8-4 teams in, most years 10-2 will be the minimum

I can’t decide who has the sweetest uniforms but Deebo Samuel is a cool name. Brock Purdy is too. I think I’ll root for the 49’s. If you can count to 50 you don’t even need to know the alphabet to be a fan. That’s kind of special.

I like the Niners better as a team and I guess I hope they win, but I sure will enjoy the magaverse losing its collective mind if the Chiefs win and it becomes clear that Taylor Swift is a deep state plant. Which, I mean, obviously she is.

By the way, I just went outside and there’s a team of skywriters above agitating for a new contract for Allegiant pilots.

She did guest at one of our weekly Soros meetings, passing out checks to illegals.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Soros live in KC? QED.

1 Like

I knew it.

1 Like

CBS, on Mahomes, just showed:

MJ, Brady and … Jeter.

1 Like

Wait until Judge retires.