Spring Training 2024

I would like to see Loperfido get some run in LF and see if he can run with it. If not Dubon can be out there.

4 Likes

Loperfido is pretty solid in center, too.

1 Like

Per Rome, Astros and Meyers have dodged a bullet. X-rays are negative and he can play.

4 Likes

Whohoo! Glad we caught a break. I’m not expecting a All-Star performance, but I want to see what Jake can do one more time.

1 Like

Loperfido to AAA, he will focus on the OF and 1B, per McTaggart

He’ll be back soon, I bet.

4 Likes

And when he gets back where will he play? Everyday CFer?

LF and 1B? CF is crowded with two possible vets plus Dubon.

2 Likes

First up in case of injury or non-performance. Plenty of paths to playing time.

5 Likes

The Athletic with a bullish Astro preview of the AL West

1 Like

Jake Meyers is no sure thing to produce, and Loperfido becomes an option if Abreu struggles again.

Re: The Athletic: It’s a pay site.

Imagine that. Don’t we all deserve to read all that stuff for free? Who do they think they are??

Seriously? You are basically going to post the entire article from behind the paywall?

I have no preview function so posting Athletic articles is hit and miss. I can delete the post if necessary or suggested

Yes, you should delete plagiarism.

Done. I am impressed that external season previews are optimistic relative to expectations given pitching injuries and depth considerations

Non-advertisers.

I didn’t see what he deleted but unless he claimed authorship or presented the article as his own, I believe it was likely a copyright infringement and not plagiarism.

5 Likes

Also breaks a longstanding OWA rule, paywall or no.

1 Like