Spring Training 2024

Is Stanton supposed to play LF?

No, that’s why they signed Verdugo. Stanton will just have to injure himself at DH. I’m sure he can find a way.

3 Likes

I certainly believe in him.

Judge missed 42 games after tearing a ligament in his right big toe when he crashed into the right-field fence at Dodger Stadium last June 3, a big reason the Yankees fell from postseason contention.

“It’s going to be I think a constant maintenance I think the rest of my career,” Judge said Tuesday. “Anything with injuries like that, you just got to stay on top of it so it doesn’t flare up again.”

“I keep getting hurt in right field, so I think that’s why they moved me to center field,” he said, drawing laughs at a news conference.

Another option for the pen …

I love stealing players from the Dodgers for next to nothing.

9 Likes

Yea, I hope that Yordan fella amounts to something.

8 Likes

If I was running the karmic universe, I would almost be willing to let Josh Hader be a dud just to let Washington become the next Josh Hader.

Uh, no.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone here has banked more karma than you. Please use it more wisely!

4 Likes

I guess I’ll have to find another way to poke a stick in the Dodgers eye.

1 Like

Reminding them they lost the 2017 World Series in their yard is always fun.

Fuck the dojers.

6 Likes

How about Washington becomes a key bullpen weapon, and Josh Hader kicks ass for the Astros on the way to another World Series championship this season? I like that scenario much better.

8 Likes

Especially if it includes a win or three in LA.

4 Likes

Per the Chronicle:

“Astros pitcher Forrest Whitley dealing with soreness in middle finger“

I really don’t want to ask.

1 Like

As inevitable as the sunrise.

I long ago gave up on the idea of Whitley ever being any meaningful contributor to the Astros. I’d love to be wrong, but I’m just not seeing it.

1 Like

I hope he wore it out saluting dojer fans.

5 Likes

It’s fun to be getting scoring notifications again, even if it is just ST.

1 Like

Especially when they score 7 runs in the first 3 innings

3 Likes