Simone Biles

Biles returned to competition last night, and nailed her beam routine. People are not robots.

As an aside, I cannot watch the beam event. I am convinced that I am one mistimed flip away from watching a young athlete suffer permanent brain damage or worse. It’s far too tense for me.

If it helps, the vault is FAR more dangerous than the beam.

1 Like

You’ll never come down straddling the beam in the vault. I think that’s (at least part of) what makes guys cringe.

1 Like

I used to vault at school. Nothing in the vault involves a wooden lintel.

The FBI declined the invitation to attend the Senate hearing. Dir. Wray wasn’t in charge in 2015, but he’s definitely not part of the solution. He needs to be fucking fired, and the lid lifted off the cover up here.

If Simone’s statement didn’t make you mad enough, here’s the statement of McKayla Maroney.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are saying here. FBI did attend the hearing. They sent their top guy.

Wray does appear to be a part of the solution. He’s taking blame for his agency, apologizing profusely for something that happened before he arrived and is promising to uncover the problems and fix them. What Nassar did to these women was terrible and how FBI handled it was terrible as well and compounded the affects of the abuse and needs to be fixed. Wray touches on all of that. What exactly is your beef here with him?

Thanks. I saw Aly Raisman complaining that the FBI Deputy wasn’t there, and assumed that meant no one from the agency was there.

As to Wray, he inherited this scandal, but he took over in 2017 and they only just recently (like a week ago) fired the agent who took McKayla Maroney’s statement in 2015 (please watch her opening statement about this if you haven’t).

Meanwhile, Wray owns - soup to nuts - the Kavanaugh debacle, where they received 4500 calls about him on their tip line and followed up with none of them. He has not offered an explanation of this to date, but I believe he is finally having his feet held to the fire by Congress.

Words and actions are two vastly different things. At this point action is needed not apologies.

2 Likes
1 Like

Calm down.

Can’t.

1 Like