Simone Biles

This is just insane.

2 Likes

I thought it was great too.

1 Like

Ah. I looked for a suits thread to place this, and didnā€™t think yo look in that one.

I am just glad that someone else recognized her brilliance. And she does deserve her own thread.

1 Like

Sheā€™s the greatest athlete in the world right now, and itā€™s not particularly close.

Yeah, I never give a second thought to gymnastics, but after watching that slo-mo, Iā€™ll agree with that sentiment. I guess it never hits me until I see it in slo-mo.

1 Like

The fact that she even remains in the sport - let alone being its greatest athlete - after being abused by Nassar with, at best, the indifference of USAG, is a testament to her strength of character, too.

If you havenā€™t watched it, Netflixā€™ ā€œAthlete Aā€ is mandatory viewing.

1 Like

In fact, she said one reason she continued competing was to keep her platform for bringing attention to the abuse.

3 Likes

The human race doesnā€™t deserve people like Biles.

2 Likes

My brain just cannot process what she is physically able to do no matter how many times I watch in slow motion.

4 Likes

So much this.

1 Like

Incredible

1 Like
1 Like

Fantastic routine, amazing athleticism, the music was different.

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but Shaā€™Carri Richardson has been banned for the olympics after testing positive for marijuana. She was tested in a state where it is legal, itā€™s hardly performance-enhancing and her mother had just died.

WTF?

Sheā€™s black.

3 Likes

World Anti Doping Agency says itā€™s a banned substance, so themā€™s the rules.

I liked Seth Rogenā€™s quote: ā€œIf smoking pot made you fast Iā€™d be FloJoā€

2 Likes

So from what I understand, sheā€™s not been banned, sheā€™s been suspended for one month, retroactive to June 28th. Sheā€™s eligible to compete in the Olympics, if the US Team wants her.

2 Likes

As Iā€™ve seen stated elsewhere:

Is pot being a banned substance for athletes amazingly stupid? Yup.

Is smoking pot when you know it can get you banned from the Olympic competition amazingly stupid? Also yup.

I get that she was completely swallowed by grief, but that doesnā€™t excuse making a terrible choice.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure the 1 month duration takes her out of the 100m, not sure about other events.

1 Like