Simone Biles

I guess Michael Phelps just timed his use for the right moments. Smart guy.

1 Like

According to ESPN, sheā€™s eligible for the 4x100 m relay, if the US wants her to race. But yeah, could take her out of other events.

1 Like

I would assume those moments for Phelps were not 20-something days before the Olympics begin, when you know youā€™re about to get tested for everything under the sun multiple times.

I feel terrible for her, but you canā€™t blame anyone else.

I donā€™t think she is. Sheā€™s owned up to it and will accept the punishment.

But itā€™s a pity that folks wonā€™t get to see her, because sheā€™s incredibly talented. We saw her in person at the NCAA championships at UT a couple of years ago, and she was electric. You wouldnā€™t think someone that small could run that fast.

3 Likes

Sheā€™s not, but others are.

Orā€¦

Is she not black? And is he not smart for knowing the timeline?

But, if you donā€™t think thereā€™s a perception about her because of color then good for you.

Iā€™m excited to see her and a bunch of others race. Iā€™m in awe of their commitment. And it is sad to see one mistake possibly take away dreams and years of hard work.

I think it is horrible and I think they should pardon her and wave her suspension. I think everyone that wants to should smoke pot without fear of penalty. I donā€™t think that will happen but I am hopeful. I donā€™t think her ethnicity had anything to do with her failing a drug test. I think her replacement is a white girl, so thereā€™s some good fodder for those who think race had something to do with it.

I fucking detest this casual attitude toward marijuana. If it is legal, ok, but that shit started my daughter on her way to addiction and to prison.

1 Like

I know you feel that way, youā€™ve said it quite eloquently before. You have a solid reason for that conclusion. Isnā€™t she is doing quite well now? I certainly hope so.

For most everyone else cannabis is no more a gateway to a drug addiction than beer is to alcoholism. I think the worst I can say about it is that it is still against the law in most places and kids shouldnā€™t do even where it is legal.

1 Like

Beer is a gateway to alcoholism. Try another analogy.

It is legal in Oregon, where she was tested.

Grape juice then, not beer. Anything done before another thing could be considered to be a gateway to doing the next thing. But the vast majority of beer drinkers donā€™t be come alcoholics and the vast majority of pot smokers donā€™t turn into junkies.

Be careful. Grape juice is a gateway to pomegranate juice. Next thing you know youā€™re putting ginger in your carrot juice.

1 Like

That sounds pretty good.

People under 16-18ish should absolutely not be using cannabis or alcohol, due to developmental issues in a non-fully-formed adult brain.

Alcohol is no good outside of strict moderation, so Iā€™m already a hypocrite, but I do very much worry about the strength and the ease of ingestion (itā€™s just a gummy bear or 8) and commonality of pot now. This is not your grammaā€™s weed that the kids have access to, it knocks me on my fucking ass if Iā€™m not careful.

I will say that CBD is by far the best pain reliever Iā€™ve found, all my joints agree.

3 Likes

I saw a post on this topic - I stress that this was a general comment and not directly about the Richardson case - that marijuana can be used to mask PEDs and also to accelerate the flushing of PEDs from an athleteā€™s system. Thatā€™s why itā€™s banned, which (now) makes sense.

Iā€™ve never heard that about masking and flushing.

Good advice in any public restroom.

2 Likes