Serious Football Injury

He jumped straight to “this game means too much to postpone”

Fuck him, and fuck anyone carrying his water.

Also speculation it was the COVID vaccine. Commotio cordis is at least plausible.

Here’s hoping this is true (this guy is apparently Hamlin’s marketing rep):

Let’s hope he’s really stabilized.

Commotio cordis is more of a localized impact injury and presents in a younger age cohort. It would be a diagnosis of exclusion after others are eliminated. The NFL player who died in 1971 had advanced coronary artery disease. He was 28

So once the ambulance left the field the officials apparently gave both teams five minutes to warm up to resume the game. Zac Taylor crossed the field to talk to Sean McDermott, then both coaches sent their teams to their locker rooms. Basically a giant middle finger to NFL leadership on that one.

2 Likes

Hamlin has a toy drive with a goal of raising $2,500. It’s currently over $3 million and climbing. While the powers that be might not care about people, thankfully people still do.

Oh, and the NFL, Skip Bayliss and anti-vaxxers can all go fuck themselves.

4 Likes

Hard to believe there were people worried about the game after that happened.

1 Like

“It never crossed our mind to talk about warming up to resume play.”

Sure it didn’t…

I can see Goodell bringing it up and Vincent shutting it down immediately.

1 Like

ESPN announced it on air. I doubt they did that without having received official word that this was the decision.

1 Like

Just Mark Cincy and Buffalo with 16 game seasons and calculate the postseason schedule with that change

1 Like

“There’s good in the world, Mr. Frodo - and it’s worth fighting for.”

3 Likes

This late in the season it seems impossible to resume that game without putting both teams at a significant disadvantage in subsequent playoff games. The good news, I guess, is that BUF have clinched their division, and CIN can do so with a win next weekend, so I don’t think this game has any bearing on who gets into the playoffs, only on seeding. If KC, BUF, and CIN all win next weekend, I think the only complication is figuring out whether KC or BUF gets the first-week bye, since they’ll both have 3 losses.

When Bayless first showed up at the Dallas Times Herald he became known among DTH readers as Skippy Sayless.

1 Like