Rockets

There is no fucking way the league was gonna let the Rockets win this series.

1 Like

This is all true, but House was stone cold busted. In the hotel. Video cameras and all.

NBA did handle this like an information blackout, but I’m not sure exactly how they handled the previous violations. Their standard quarantine, from what I read, would have put him out for the rest of the playoffs anyway, so he just went home.

It is strange that the Rockets are in 1 hotel by themselves, the same hotel they’ve been in since the start of the “bubble”, and all the other teams are together in another one.

The chick he let into his room and banged (allegedly) was a NBA-approved COVID tester…

She went through 3 separate checkpoints requiring ID to get into the hotel and into his room.

I feel terrible for his wife and kids.

No idea if his new contract has any sort of “conduct detrimental” clause, but he just cost himself and his family a ton of money.

Honestly, how do they know they had sex rather than she took a series of test with indecisive results?

None of it matters of course because as has been said, there was always zero chance the league was going to let the Rockets win.

Which leads me back to my perennial hobbyhorse. Everyone knows this is true, that the league wouldn’t permit the Rockets to win. Everyone accepts it as truth. Why the fuck do people invest their time and money in a league that is blatantly rigged?

2 Likes

As someone so eloquently put it…someday, Charlie Brown actually kicks the football.

Plus I like basketball. And the NBA is good basketball, despite the rigged officiating.

1 Like

No none of it matters, and yes the NBA is fucked, and I have invested approximately 16 hours of 2020 and zero dollars into the Rox playoff games. I like watching a little basketball though. However…

Didn’t matter if they had sex or not, she was in his room for approx 45+ minutes. Even entering a player’s room is very much outside the rules. He knew this, he is a dumbass, that was my initial point. It’s Houston sports, equal to ‘do a bunch of coke the night before you’re gonna get tested’ type of stuff.

And the Rockets have said absolutely nothing in his defense. Of course, after Hong Kong-gate Morey might be gun shy.

Maybe she was there there to fix the cable.

You can imagine what happened next

is that a euphemism?

Don’t be fatuous, HH

1 Like

I just hope there is something different in Rocketland next season.

They blew a title 2 years ago and have fallen off from there.

At least they have no assets to improve the team, 2 dreadful contracts on the books, and an owner trying desperately to avoid his creditors breaking his kneecaps.

1 Like

I’m not going to stand around and argue about this but the idea that today’s dribble up the court in a leisurely manner stand around dribbling for another ten seconds or so and then shoot a 28 foot three pointer is in any way ‘good basketball’ never mind better than the game in the 80’s and 90’s is just completely perverse to me.

It’s like arguing that Hollywood today is better than it was fifty years ago or that the A320neo is cooler than the 747 and I could go on and on and get off my lawn.

2 Likes

Well, at least it’s better than whatever the NCAA is calling “collegiate men’s basketball” these days.

Uh, no. It is not.

Personally, I can’t stand either one.

I prefer college to pro but like them both. The NBA would be better and its regular season more compelling if they only let 4 teams in the playoffs.

College basketball is hilariously terrible. It’s pretty remarkable how the sport has devolved across all levels.

Agree on that. College basketball is comically bad. It’s unwatchable.

This is what I think about the NBA.

Wanna fix college basketball? Lower the shotclock to 24 and the nba needs to adopt a baseball style rule, you either go to the nba outta high school or go to college for 2 years. That’s it, college basketball is now fun again.