Rockets

Starting around 2005 seven foot Euros that could move and shoot threes, specifically, Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzki made every tall kid want to shoot threes and and that is what they practiced.

1 Like

Hmmm it’s like if the number of shots taken are the same, 35% from three point land is better than 50% inside the line, or something.

A really skilled post player could still dominate today.

But those skills aren’t cultivated in HS/college/Europe. So that hypothetical player would have to be really special. And it wouldn’t look like the Rockets offense under Rudy T.

Otis Thorpe could run and rebound. He’d be as good as Draymond. Many, many power forwards from the 90s would have flourished in a league where the centers are non-existent.

Pippen would flat out wreck shop in today’s game

As long as he had Michael Jordan in the backcourt…

We forget that he carried that 94 team.

The way the Rockets wasted him was criminal.

Carried them to third place, then bailed on them in the playoffs.

“Wasted him” is certainly an…interesting…way to describe his half season with the Rockets.

MM outing himself as a Pippen apologist. (The only one known to science.) That’s something else not on my bingo card.

They stuck him in a corner and waited on him to shoot 3s while Barkley dribbled out the shot clock.

Well, wasn’t that fun?

It was all a bad time of a bunch of old HOF’s.

Twelve point lead, 9:19 on the clock, time for the referees to get hinky.

4:22 to go and the Rockets lead is 15. LeBron has yet to scored in the fourth quarter.

Good win tonight. Keep the ball rolling.

Small ball worked tonight. And depth.

Twitter is littered with tweets predicting Lakers sweep.

…like betting slips on the ground at the racetrack.

Holy shit, that first half was a real barn burner.

That’s what the NBA is supposed to look like. 29 combined rebounds vs 28 assists

Hopefully Tucker is ok.

I would like to point out just how fucking stupid Danuel House is. Not like the Rox could use him the past 2 games or anything. Pretty sure this is the 3rd team he’s been kicked off of too.

I don’t care one way or another and do not dispute his being an idiot, but it doesn’t seem like he did anything many other teams are also guilty of (sound familiar?) and the league’s handling of this has been about as transparent as Trump’s tax history.