Punishments are official

Basically every time a college coach jumps ship right before the NCAA drops the hammer on a school

I’m guessing another gag order is in place. LMJ is doing some sniping at Trevor Bauer on Twitter but other than that even social media is quiet.

But if the players didn’t respect him enough to stop the video stuff when he told them to, I’d be shocked if anyone spoke up for him when it would only expose them to punishment and criticism.

See Carroll, Pete.

1 Like

It wouldn’t expose them to punishment…they don’t have to offer a confession. But a little “A.J. got caught up in a no-win situation…we love him and will miss him” would speak volumes…as would silence.

2 Likes

Ultimately the fatal wound was self-inflicted.

And I hope the players are sick to their stomachs over this.

I’m sitting in my home office this morning on the desktop. On the wall to my right are two framed posters. One of the S.I. cover from 2014 of Springer in the rainbows with the Your 2017 World Series Champs on it and the other with the Houston Chronicle “Champs” front page with the players holding the trophy post-game 7. I will probably take them down today and go shopping for some nice western art or something.

I will probably wear my replica ring to work all week.

Fuck Manfred and the Yankees. They can kiss my ass.

6 Likes

Exactly who I had in mind. John Calpipari was the other one that jumps out to me

MLB was at least savvy enough to announce this on the day of the National Championship game for College Football so it wasn’t the only sports story of the day.

I am withholding my outrage at MLB until the Red Sox judgement comes down. If a second time offender doesn’t get at least equal punishment (draft pick and fine wise), I will be upset. (BTW, I am expecting to be upset, I am just choosing to wait to be upset).

2 Likes

One of my buddies arrived to work to find a “Astros 2017 World Cheating Champs” sign taped to his computer monitor.

Leaving my Astros magnet on my car.

Wearing my Astros jacket the wife got me for Christmas.

F 'em. I’m not proud of this mess but there’s plenty this crew did that I am.

Let the haters celebrate. I suspect Rosenthal is going to drop a deuce in their punchbowl soon enough.

Am I the only one who read Luhnow’s release as blaming Hinch and absolving himself of any real responsibility?

He was blaming Cora while unsuccessfully trying to step away from the splash zone.

Yep. Heard for awhile he is not a good guy. Jim talked about his scout buddy hating the Astros FO, but it’s also lots and lots of people in baseball, not just old school anti analytics mlb folks. Sure some is jealousy but he just really rubs people the wrong way. His statement is just the latest example.

Do I recall correctly that at the time he seemed more irritated at Taubman’s punishment than Taubman’s actions?

He “sold out to the national league” because the league had all the leverage and made it a prerequisite of approving his deal to acquire the Astros. He “sold out to the national league” because the MLB and McLane kicked in a $70mm sweetener for him to acquiesce. Would he have been able to acquire the team if he refused the added incentive of the purchase price reduction? We’ll never know, but he was probably happy to have his cake and eat it too.

1 Like

Words cannot express my disgust at Manfred and MLB.

Unless they launch a major investigation of the Yankees and Red Sox and impose similar penalties, I am done with MLB. I’ll still listen on the radio, but I’m not paying penny one to them.

I’m shitcanning MLB.tv and I recommend you do the same.

Crane knuckled under to MLB and cravenly fired the best GM and manager combo in the history of the team. He won’t be getting any more of my money, either.

I also have the “Your 2017 World Series Champs” SI cover hanging in my office. I won’t take it down, and I’ll keep wearing my WS champs gear from time to time. I may never look at all of them quite the same way though.

2 Likes

The differing amount of integrity between Hinch and Luhnow is starkly evident in their respective statements.

2 Likes

This bullshit scandal does not taint the WS win. Fuck MLB.

5 Likes

Not even close.

1 Like