Padres @ Astros, May 28, 2021

Outstanding utility at home, too, surely. Although I should say that I always picture you at Hudson House in a La-z-boy of some type.

I have a La-z-boyā€¦the Grand Canyon modelā€¦upstairs in my man room/office. I have yet to convince Mrs Hawk to let me turn it into a cigar lounge though, so Iā€™m relegated to outside. At least I have a nice covered patio with a TV out here.

It was. I was nervous.

Padresā€™ announcers liked both Strawā€™s jump and route on that one.
They are really enjoying the sellout crowd noise - arenā€™t we all.

Well, I went with a friend of mine, Ian, a scouser, to see a dude called the Mighty Wah, another scouser, on a day that happened to be my birthday. This Mighty Wah dude, Pete Wylie I think is his name, was often called the British Bruce Springsteen, and I can sort of see it, but to me heā€™s really more aiming for the area shared by Joe Strummer and Elvis Presley. And thereā€™s more area there than you might initially suspect.

Ian knew that Iā€™d seen Elvis in person and he knew that would blow this guy Peteā€™s mind, so he told me to hang around afterwards and heā€™d introduce us. Ian worked with Alan McGee and knows absolutely everyone. Itā€™s pretty crazy.

So after the show Iā€™m waiting around, house lights on, and Ian finds me and walks me over to the stage. On the way we encounter a couple of dudes sitting around and Ian brightens up and says, Hi Glen, howya doon? This is my friend chuck and itā€™s his birthday. Well.

That dude Pete did in fact lose his shit when he found out Iā€™d seen Elvis. Which I still donā€™t fully understand since I did nothing more than show up. People are weird, I guess.

1 Like

Huh, thatā€™s weird, Iā€™ve never had that problem with it or any camp chair even with a seat cushion, and Iā€™m just 5ā€™11. I need to make an Academy run to Austin soon, Iā€™ll look for those. High back sounds nice for relaxation purposes.

Perhaps it was just mine. But I looked like the Lily Tomlin bit with her sitting in the giant chair. I decided that Iā€™d go see them in person before buying another.

Interestingly, there are some things that I never buy online, and wonā€™t buy without testing it or trying it on, like shoes or hats. Just too personal and subjective to buy sight unseen. But I figured a chairā€¦how could they be that different. This one was.

1 Like

I would never buy shoes online.

Nice inning by Javier.

My wife does all the time, and sheā€™s ends up returning half of them. I donā€™t get it.

With size 14 Iā€™m pretty much restricted to online for shoes.

Iā€™m a 12ā€™ which I guess is sort of the top end of what most people have n a reasonable selection. Still, even in brands I know well, like Allen Edmonds, I have them shipped to the store to try on before I buy.

That was the single worst jump Iā€™ve ever seen.

Jesus Fucking Christ, Straw. That was putrid.

From his knees on a hop. What a horrible jump.

Only time Iā€™ve done it is buying the same shoes Iā€™ve already bought in person.

And MLB replay fails once again.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a 11.5 with cowboy boots but a 12 with tennis shoes and dress shoes. I got duck feet, narrow at the heels and wide at the toes. So I always have to try things on,

Horseshit replay review.

Why have replay if you still cock it up that badly?

WTF?!?!?!