Why did I post that?

I’ll several as well.

1 Like

…next time you’re not flying? Beers.

That’s a brutal loss.

1 Like

Wasn’t even sure they’d let him play today

It was fugly.

Sasser looking pretty iffy, and Shead hobbling pretty good too. Auburn essentially playing at home. Cougars gonna have a tough time tomorrow.

Media all over Sampson for playing Sasser against a 16 seed.

I’ve read some of that. He said he left it up to Sasser and the trainers, who said he could go. I don’t know if that’s typical for Sampson or not, but he certainly set himself up for the criticism. Of course, turns out that 16-seed game them more than anyone thought they would.

Essentially playing at home if they had a large contingent of our biggest rivals fans in the arena ever home game.

I agree it is an advantage but not as big as you might think. It was probably bigger last night than it will be Saturday just due to the fact that Bama wasn’t back to back with them.

Barkley says Bama fans will be pulling for Auburn but I disagree. Auburn took them to overtime in Tuscaloosa a month ago. I think they would rather play a hobbled Houston team than play Auburn for the 3rd time this year. Either way, if they win Saturday, Bama will be playing a team out for revenge.

Uhhhhhhh, Purdue.

4 Likes

TCU comes all the way back to win 72-70 against AZ State.

1 Like

Thoughts and prayers for tempe normal school in their time of loss.

Suck it, sparky.

RE-PEAT-ED ref bailouts are magical.

Memphis got denied a timeout that would have quite possibly preserved their victory. Instead they lose by 1 point, when the ref ignores the frantic time out requests by multiple players, hesitates, and then calls a tie ball giving possession to FAU under their goal with 5 seconds left. Credit to FAU for making the basket

Well – Half my final four is gone with Purdue’s loss. Most of my other losses were picked to lose in the second round, but unless Texas & Kansas go through, I am in pretty poor shape.

I saw the refs calling simultaneous possession right away. Players were trying to call timeout, but they didn’t possess the ball.

2 Likes

That’s how I saw it as well. You can’t have a timeout while the ball is tied up.

I prefer the referees call the jump ball when it’s close. I hate the timeout in that situation

1 Like

Me too. I assume there are defined mechanics for referees, and I’m guessing establishing possession is first before granting a time out. I thought it was a good call, and nothing controversial about it.

2 Likes

Cheapest ticket to get into the Birmingham matches today. $428 for the cheapest pair, $370 for a single ticket.

1 Like