Other Sports

Spieth is entering Steve Sax/Chuck Knoblauch territory.

Arsenal demolish Bournemouth on the road, Man City and Man U lose. Excellent start to the day.

1 Like

I haven’t had a satellite in a while…is weather still an issue with the signal?

If there is a hurricane or some crazy storm, other than that no. And it usually last for less than 5 minutes

1 Like

Way to bury the lede on that Man U loss. :red_circle::large_blue_circle::red_circle::large_blue_circle:

2 Likes

So Darren England made an almighty fuck up again this weekend in the PL but, because it was to the detriment of Liverpool and not, say, any of the half-a-dozen egregious fuck ups he’s made against Palace, it’s now a major thing.

The PGMOL released the audio of last weekend’s VAR clusterfuck in the Spurs-Liverpool game.

What leapt out to me is that it’s far more chaotic than I could possibly have imagined, and the dude operating the replay technology is the only one who seems to have a clue what’s going on.

This is the dirty secret that the PGMOL has been desperately trying to keep hidden for years: they’re fucking terrible at this. Darren England is merely the canary in the coal mine.

Moreover, there appears to be an edit right in the thick of the moment (at around 45 seconds into the clip). Internet sleuths have matched it up with the original game footage, and it seems to be around 4 seconds. So as bad as this looks, there’s something worse that they’re still hiding.

The PGMOL has just done the most PGMOL thing possible: they have announced that Darren “Daz” England will not officiate any more Liverpool matches this season.

So the rest of us get statistically more games with this incompetent twat officiating, while Liverpool get to veto the refs they don’t like.

That’s a decision so fucked up that it’s a perfect homage to “Daz” himself.

Imagine winning a gold medal in E-Sports at the Asian Games and getting an exemption from mandatory military service. That happened.

The other day I was trying to come up with the comparison of how far and away Vin Scully was to second best of all time and I came up withWayne Gretzky.

My apologies for the oversight. The widest gap between GOAT and second best in any sport is clearly Simone Biles.

2 Likes

A million times this. That we live in an age of Biles and Ohtani is entirely wondrous.

With all due respect to Gretzky and Biles, the single most dominant athlete in their sport is Michael Phelps. And it’s not really close, IMO.

1 Like

There’s always a better one

Good lord, that KSU/OSU game was an absolute shit sandwich. It’s a shame someone got a win from that.

Huh, I forgot it was on or I might have watched it a bit

I had it on the background.

You didn’t miss a damn thing other than KSU’s QB throwing awful picks.

Busy day today.

I imagine most of you are watching College football but, in case you’re not that bothered about games on at this very moment, Ireland and New Zealand are putting on a show in the Rugby World Cup.

Streaming live on Peacock. It’s halftime as I post. Will resume in 10 mins.

And in other non CFB action, Pulisic scored a great goal for USMNT in the first half but Germany absolutely abused them in the second half and won 3-1.

1 Like

Just watching the clips from USMNT-Ghana… how does one get awarded an indirect free kick inside the 18’ box?