Other Sports

The Celtics force a game 7 after being down 0-3. The Stars hope to do the same after forcing a game 6 after also being down 0-3.

1 Like

Leeds and Leicester down, Everton stays up. The legend of Sean Dyche continues

Leicester become the second Premier League winner be to relegated since 1992. Blackburn are the only previous Premier League winner to be relegated. Blackburn won the Premier League in 94/95 and were relegated in 98/99.

1 Like

End of season display on the Holmesdale.

1 Like

And then they decided to no-show.

I love seeing Denver and Miami in the NBA finals.

Sevilla beats Roma on penalties in the Europa final, with English ref Anthony “Coin Flip” Taylor in the thick of all the talking points.

Nice start, United. Breaks my heart.

1 Like

Looks like LIV golf won. https://wapo.st/3oTTXlZ (gift link, shouldn’t be paywalled)

I’m just a casual golf fan, but the whole LIV tour and its embrace by a subset of fans and golfers really soured me on watching the few events I do. Hopefully, I’ll get over it.

It’s almost as if the entire thing was set up to funnel money into a certain person’s bank account, and that is no longer necessary.

1 Like

Did LIV really win? It seems like whatever the LIV tour was is being replaced by something called the “DP World Tour.”

I mean, I’d say anyone who took the money won. You think Phil is paying back the $200M? And they sure threw guys like McIlroy under the bus.

If there’s any justice, the LIV golf turncoats will struggle to get endorsements and have to earn their money in a competitive tour again.

Sounds like they got dicked over twice.

3 Likes

Messi to Miami. Lionel Messi to Inter Miami: MLS club set to sign Argentine superstar, beating Barcelona, Saudi Arabia

1 Like

They love avocado toast in Miami.

1 Like

Messi in MLS is basically a cheat code.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see the reaction going forward to the Saudi take over of the PGA. For my part, I hate it, but I am somewhat of a casual fan of professional golf (I watch the majors but never attend in person). Is the typical “Golf Bro” going to give a shit, or still turn up to drink not Bud Light and yell “get in the hole!”?

I will never forget that the inaugural tournament (held at Trump Bedminster), handed out this trophy to the winner:

1 Like

Yes — that trophy is way beyond “bad taste”.

6 Likes