Other Sports

That tracks.

2 Likes

They’ll have Joe Buck work it, and the 7th portal to hell will open.

Looks like it would be great bat control practice. One of the things I love about cricket is that the batsmen are on defense. Makes for some long innings, but some fascinating strategy. In the context of a few hundred runs, a “3-run homer” (or a six) is just not that significant.

1 Like

Spoken like a true Nexan.

1 Like

This morning has probably been the worst Fulham game I have ever seen. Started the gamr with our starting LB, RB and DM missing, DM suspended due to yellow cards, the other two injured. 7 minutes in Chalobah, starting in place of Palhinha, gets a red. Before the first half was even over Mitrovic and the backup LB, Kurzawa, both get injured. Absolute nightmare of a game, it’s 4-0 Newcastle and it should probably be 7 but Leno has had a good game in goal. How often and how bad do you have to be to say the GK has had a good game after giving up 4 goals? It’s comical really. Just hope Mitro isn’t seriously hurt

Eta: consolidation goal for Fulham makes it 4-1. Could be big for goal difference later in the season if Fulham get dragged into a relegation battle, which I still expect will happen.

Fuck…

Coach Vieira seen here preparing Wilf Zaha for Sunday’s game against Leeds.

COYG!

Following on from the Japanese GP this weekend, TractorGate (Tractor-a-Lago?) is a mess. The FIA is putting it all on Gasly, but have dinged him only (and correctly) for driving too fast under a caution.

That tractor and that marshall should never have been on the track while there were still cars circulating. That’s a far more serious issue than Gasly speeding, but the FIA is trying to use that as a smokescreen to cover their own incompetent arses.

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry, was there a tractor in the middle of your car race?

Here’s your speeding ticket.

2 Likes

The rooster tails they were throwing up were incredible, as was the on board footage os Sainz spinning out.

So dangerous to race on a slip-n-slide.

They all went out on intermediate wet-weather tires because the one type of full wet weather tire they are allowed to use is complete dogshit. Something about which they have been complaining all season.

If you’ve ever tried to play on a snooker table, you’ll have an idea of how great this is. It’s 12ft x 6ft, meaning that most of us could lie across it and not hang over the edge. The vast distances you can face on that size of a table mean that if you’re off by a fraction it’ll miss by a mile 10 ft away. The pockets are much tighter than on a pool table too.

As the tweet says, the cue ball control here is absolutely astounding.

For the uninitiated, in snooker you have to pot a red (1 point), which gives you the privilege of potting one of the other colors which carry higher value (2 - 7 points, see below). The colors are returned to their spots on the table until there are no reds left, then you have to take them off the table in order: yellow (2), green (3), brown (4), blue (5), pink (6), black (7).

The maximum break is 147, being all 15 reds taken and followed by the black, plus the 27 points for rolling up the colors. A friend of mine has a snooker table in his house, and a break of 3 or 4 pots in sequence is as good as it gets.

2 Likes

I love snooker. Nothing like curling up under a weighted blanket with a box of snookers and watching “You’ve Got Mail”

1 Like

This was more inevitable than Thanos.

2 Likes

Almost put this in the Halloween Pranks thread, because that goalie just got slaughtered.

1 Like

For those who don’t know, this is what Man City used to look like before they started spending all those blood-spattered petro-dollars.

Basically, this.

1 Like

Barcelona just gave up a bad goal to Inter to fall behind 3-2 heading into stoppage time. It was hilarious because as soon as the Inter guy drove it home, the Barca “defender” raised his hand and looked at the linesman beseechingly. Um, dude, that guy was 5 yards onside when he started his run and the pass was made. Maybe you ought to try watching what’s going on instead.

And now Barca has tied it up with 4 minutes of stoppage remaining. The last 20 minutes of this match has been pretty wild.

1 Like

Because when you think of chess, you think “scandal involving the use of vibrating anal beads”:

1 Like