Other Sports

Look at the photo of Hamilton’s car on the front page of ESPN, particularly his tires. Is that texture because his tires are blistering, or is it rubber that he’s picked up on the track, or is it something else entirely?

That’s what happens to soft compound tires when you drive them for too long.

I don’t know what McLaren / Norris were thinking using the softs at the end when they (unlike Mercedes and Red Bull) had a new set of mediums available. That choice cost them 2nd and very possibly 1st; Piastri was going 2 seconds a lap faster than Norris on the mediums at the end.

Norris put on a brave face for the post-race interview, but then went into a 1,000 yard stare. I think it was his choice, but the team knew better and should’ve had the fortitude to override the driver.

McLaren also fucked up Piastri’s race when pitting for intermediate tires when the rain hit. They sent him around for one more lap on slicks because they didn’t want to lose a second or two double-stacking their cars in the pits, but that one lap cost Piastri over 20 seconds and 3 places.

Great win for Hamilton, but a weekend on which to reflect and from which to learn at McLaren. What Red Bull is going to do about Perez, I have no idea. Also, Ferrari…WTF?

The village idiots are loose, exhibit eleventy:

2 Likes

Although if Messi wins it, they may have a point.

1 Like

How easy was that? France 1-0 Spain.

Update: France has now scored from open play

This is going to be fun.

Yep. 1-1

France 1-2 Spain, 25 minutes gone.

Enjoy this while you can, folks. England plays tomorrow.

1 Like

France scored their first goal from open play in the 11th minute today. Since then, they’ve reverted to “cow’s arse / banjo”.

está volviendo a casa

1 Like

Only way this can end is with Spain beating England 15 - 0…

Avenge the Armada!

1 Like

You spelled “Netherlands” wrong.

That’s cruel, but fair.

If you ever wondered why England was absent from the 1994 World Cup finals held here in the U.S. and A…here’s why.

Also, Graham Taylor was a terrible choice for manager and it should never have come down to the cowardice of one referee.

Also also, any England fan who complains about VAR “taking too long” and “spoiling the game” should be forced to watch this on a loop like they’re in A Clockwork Orange.

The Sports Memery on Instagram: "Larry Bird thinks he's slick"

I looked down at my phone, and then I looked up and the Dutch were celebrating.

Trying to play the ball 25 yards from your own goal - instead of just getting rid of it - is one of the myriad things for which schoolboy me would’ve been yelled at for.

If I’d lost the ball for a goal, I would’ve been benched.

2 Likes

What was I saying earlier about England fans appreciating VAR vs. the Netherlands…?