Other Sports

Brighton is such a random team to hate. There’s gotta be a story there?

It’s all Palace. It’s like the Mariners and Astros. It’s a deep and natural rivalry.

4 Likes

Even after spending time in the UK and watching lots of Premier League, I could never bond with any team. But at least I fucking hate Chelski…

2 Likes

I was unaware of that rivalry. I guess my ignorance of the subject has to do with my soccer fandom is only around 10 or 12 years old and those two weren’t in the same division again until 17. I’ll have to read up on it, english rivalries fascinate me

As a Fulham fan, ditto. I hate that Pulisic plays for them

2 Likes

As it turns out, there is!

Crystal Palace is therefore your team by default.

1 Like

11 allow

1 Like

So Chelsea is still Chelski and still hated with the Russian owner gone?

And just out of curiosity, how many EPL clubs are now currently owned by American billionaires?

9 clubs are at least partially owned by Americans or American companies

I think they’ve always been hated.

If you’re ever in a conversation about British futbol, and you mention that you’re a Crystal Palace fan, it gets the oddest looks of almost respect. It’s like the person is thinking that for me to be a fan of such obscurity among Americans, I may actually know something about British futbol. I then pray that they don’t ask me any questions, like where do they play, or who’s on the team, or did you see their last match? They never have. It convinces me that they don’t know anything either.

I have a set of answers all worked out though:

The Ted Lasso stadium. At least that’s what I think, but I haven’t seen any Ted Lasso.
I’m getting to be a fan of that young African, what’s-his-name.
No, dammit.

I just don’t know how long I can fake it.

1 Like

You can always turn it back on to who is questioning you by adopting a curious look and asking, “What’s is the problem with Arsenal?”

2 Likes
2 Likes

So there is a club even more vile than Chelsea…

1 Like

Mushy peas is a delicacy in the north of England. It’s horrendous. You’d think it would be impossible to make peas taste bad, especially when ostensibly Jeremy mashing them, but this dish does.

Putting it in a sandwich could only get more northern if they deep fried it.

1 Like

English cuisine, summarized.

3 Likes

English food goes downhill fast after breakfast.

3 Likes