Oakland at Houston, September Thirteen, Twenty-Twenty-Three

1 out is all you need

Weā€™ll take it, blue.

2 Likes

Disappointed to not get the no-no, but a much needed win is a good night.

6 Likes

If thatā€™s how Pressly pitched, Iā€™m glad it wasnā€™t a save situation in a one or two run game.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad we had a six run lead or Pressly could have been real trouble for us

Pressly hadnā€™t pitched since Saturday, not surprising he wasnā€™t razor sharp.

2 Likes

Yes good/much needed W.

What a weird division race.

Closers often struggle in non-save situations. And as @HudsonHawk said, Pressly hadnā€™t pitched since Saturday.

Itā€™s crazy times.

The Astros just need to take care of their business in the last 15 games. If they do, theyā€™ll be fine.

3 Likes

And tonight was only his third appearance in the last 14 days. He needs some work.

Well, he was there to save the no-hitter too, and blew that task,

Yes, he did. Iā€™m sure coming in to preserve the no-hitter was similar to a save situation in his mind.

And theyā€™re off tomorrow, so the next opportunity would be Friday.

I umpired 2 softball games with somewhere between drizzling and driving rain tonight.

We tried to get the 3rd one in, but a building puddle in front of home plate forced us to call it.

I wasnā€™t really able to follow the game. The last update I saw was no-hitter through 7. Glad they won, but woof Pressly.

1 Like

I think the Astros are a bit spoiled regarding combined no hitters. I donā€™t have stats to back it up but my guess is that weā€™re ahead of the curveā€¦

Hard to expect 2-5 arms in the bullpen to have a perfect day outside of October.

1 Like

Hunter looked good.

A few 2 out walks in one inning was the closest thing to trouble he faced.

2 Likes

I share this mainly because of the word nemesis:

https://x.com/_shadowstro/status/1702108259916603774?s=46&t=aBQdDUZZdGa3MsI-b_YQ3A

The Astros have 1/5 of all combined no-hitters, or 4 out of 20.

1 Like

I think Brown getting pulled was the absolute right thing to do.

As far as Brown, Javier, and France go: I think limiting the 3rd time through the order exposure and letting them finish their day on a positive and big confidence builder is very important.

I wish Dusty had done that several times this year. The Javier Yankee game weekend before last comes to mind immediately.

Limiting their pitches/innings right now also helps the 2023 big picture.

2 Likes