NYE alone

Beautiful, BG!

1 Like

I donā€™t think the suppositories keep very well.

So you really donā€™t want to sit on them too long.

1 Like

Said nobody ever.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t get too anal about it.

I have a small stash of Cuban cigars but I donā€™t smoke cigars. Maybe Iā€™ll just take them out and look at them for a while.

The oyster fest is a genius idea. Iā€™ll have to engage in that line of pursuit at the earliest possible opportunity.

Happy new year you goons. Maybe next year will be better than this last one.

1 Like

Happy New Years to everyone

1 Like

Happy new year to all! It was a fun day (hike in the snow up near Stowe) and a quiet night with Mrs. das with pizza from a local brick oven pizzeria with zero girls at the house.

No craft beer for me even though I am in the craft beer center if the universe here in Vermont. Iā€™ve worked things well enough with my cardiologist so I am back to running 19 minute 5Kā€™s but all cardiac hell breaks loose if I drink one beer (or any caffeine). I am in deep mourningā€¦

4 Likes

FYI. Since reading this Iā€™ve been obsessed with buying oysters and shucking them. Wife and I love raw oysters and it had never even crossed my mind to buy them and shuck them myself.

There are lots of things Iā€™ve been longing for since COVID, oysters were way up there. Canā€™t really DoorDash them.

Yesterday my wife hit up Airline and bought a couple dozen. After watching a bunch of YouTube videos on shucking, I was able to serve up two trays on the half shell.

Thanks for the inspiration, this definitely wonā€™t be the last time we do that. It was great fun

3 Likes

If anyone in the San Antonio area hasnā€™t been to Groomerā€™s, you have to go.

Quality Seafood in Austin is top notch, I also cannot recommend Dai Due enough, but thatā€™s more meat-centric.

Thatā€™s awesome and those oysters look great! Batgirl has already demanded that we schedule another oyster night soon.

With a sturdy oyster knife shucking is pretty straightforward. If you grill the oysters you can just toss them on the grill whole for five minutes to steam in their own juices and the tops pop off super easy. Top them with melted butter, garlic, oregano and parmesan cheese and put them back on for another minute or so. It helps to have grill gloves.

1 Like