NYE alone

Well I can’t drink, so no fancy beers for me yet again.

However, Arkansas is a medical marijuana state now, and I’ve got a legal card and a big-ass vaporizer. Also a few jars of Black Jack and Commerce City Kush, so Happy New Year’s to us.

I’ve also got a 7.5mg THC suppository that I’ve been saving for a special occasion, so I may pull the trigger on that around 9. (You’d be amazed what you can buy in a legal state.)

Happy New Year’s!

4 Likes

Well, that took a turn.

Happy New Year, Craig!

You never fail to entertain!

1 Like

Do they give out cards to visitors from other states. Asking for a friend.

I’ve got a Bomber 6-Pack from Real Ale, it includes 2 each of: Real Heavy-A Scotch Ale with a 9.3 ABV, Commissar-A Russian Imperial Stout 9.8%, and Black Quad-A Quadrupel 10.5%. Dinner is Shrimp Pad Thai and a spinach salad with little tomatoes, bacon bits, and feta cheese with a vinaigrette dressing. It will be just me and one dog and two cats. I have some neighbors that really go nuts with the fireworks. The dog is near deaf so she probably wont freak out this year. Not sure about the cats, they’re young and haven’t experienced the noise.

That Real Ale mixed six is a nice set of beers for the price.

The Commissar bomber used to be a go to value-wise.

Enjoy!

I had a Cuban cigar that I saved for years, waiting for just the right occasion. I smoked it the night the Astros won the World Series. This is pretty much the same thing.

2 Likes

I have Cubans left from my trip there. Maybe I’ll smoke one tonight.

1 Like

There ya go. Perfect occasion.

1 Like

Tired of waiting for someone to join me.

When this pandemic is over, we’ll have a get together of beer, whisky, cigars…whatever works.

2 Likes

Smoking a Cuban now

1 Like

We’re going to need a shitload of Ubers.

1 Like

Mrs Sid and I never go out or socialize on NYE anyway as it’s also our anniversary–28 years today. The most we’ve ever done once the kids grew up is go out to dinner but that’s all we’re missing tonight. Having champagne and watching Discovery, Expanse and then continuing our binge of The 4400 (which we’re watching for the first time); real romantic stuff. Happy New Year to everyone, stay safe and have a great evening!

4 Likes

Congrats(!), and HNY!

1 Like

Thanks!

You can all stay at my house.

Funny story…my wife used to have her beer buddies over for various things, and they usually passed out around 2 or 3 am. I used to get up around 7:00 with them laying around the living room, some clothed, some not, and blast Safe European Home by the Clash as loud as I could. I haven’t done that in a long time. Please keep your clothes on.

Congrats. Mrs Hawk and I met on New Years Eve 1987. We haven’t been married that long, but tonight is the 33rd anniversary of the night we met.

4 Likes

We can do it at our house. And Happy New Year!

1 Like

Yes, but only if you’ve already got a card from another state. And if you’re getting a visitor card, Oklahoma is a much better place to go.

I’m at my mom’s in San Antonio and the fireworks have been going off for about an hour already.

3 Likes