News & Notes from the AL West

Will be fun to see if he can stay healthy…

Using a technique the Astros have long used in their minor league system, the Rangers are employing a tandem approach for two of their starting rotation slots. It was successful for them today as they picked up their first win of the season behind ex-Astro Jordan Lyles and tandem-mate Wes Benjamin (righty paired with a lefty).

1 Like

A’s lose again to the Dodgers to go 0-6.

Worst start for the franchise since…oh…1916.

On the whole, I think they would rather be in Philadelphia.

1 Like

Another possible blow for the A’s…

And one the Astros may have avoided…

On the Mariners’ broadcast they’re saying James Paxton is done for the year after exiting a game a couple of days ago with forearm/elbow discomfort.

Saw a blurb saying TJ surgery has been recommended.

Glad Click ignored my dumbass and went with Odorizzi.

What a turnaround. Just won their 11th straight.

Astros are now the cellar dwellers in the division.

Deservedly so. They are notably worse than the shit sandwich that is the Rangers currently.

1 Like

Sounds like 2017.

2 Likes

I love second fewest Ks.

I wish the copycats around MLB would pay attention to that.

True outcomes my ass.

3 Likes

They would just say “they must be cheating again.”

2 Likes

He’ll probably implode but nice cheap bullpen pickup by the Halos…

I hope they can pull off the highest average, lowest K dualfecta again. It’ll be a great way to add real baseball insight into the inane cheating convos I have as an Astros fan amongst the infidel. “They did it in 2021 and, you know what? They even did it in 2017 as well when their ill-conceived cheating plan actually made it harder to do so!”.

That’s really disappointing.

He’s such a prodigious talent. We’re robbed of something special when he can’t play.

1 Like

Have to admit my first reaction to seeing the news this morning was “who the hell is Spencer Turnbull?”.

So 5th no-hitter of the year and May is not even over yet. Most no-hitters in a season in the modern era is seven.

Pretty incredible this stat…