Music 2023

That was quite ghastly.

1 Like

The Rolling Stones’ 2024 Hackney Diamonds Tour is sponsored by AARP.

1 Like

This musician has a whole Thread dedicated to 80s movie-themed synth pop. It’s fantastic.

It seems the '70s rock band Kiss is about to perform their very last, this time they really mean it, very last show in MSG this coming weekend.

Here’s a video that demonstrates why they’re the greatest band in history:

If Sphinx listens to this I bet you he’ll sit there and think You know what, this isn’t that bad.

Reminds me, I recently found out that Lou Reed HATED Frank Zappa. And I didn’t think I could like Lou Reed any more than I already did.

4 Likes

KISS was the greatest band ever until I turned 15 or so

1 Like

I remember for some reason reading an interview with Dweezil Zappa where he said something about not liking Lou Reed for some beef he had with Frank.

My esteem of Lou Reed went up just because of Dweezil’s comment.

(I can only guess I was stuck in a waiting room somewhere; can’t think of another reason why I’d be reading such a dumb interview)

1 Like

I thought it was pretty awful.

A “Soundtrack of Life” track

I usually go through the New York Times 10 best records lists at year end, well I start going through them anyway. So far my favorite’s been Mañana Será Bonito by Carol G, but I had no clue that Paul Simon put out an album in 2023.

And I’m never going to like rap. Anyway, back to the list. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/arts/music/best-albums-2023.html

I have really been enjoying Black Rainbows the new album by Corinne Bailey Rae. I’ll check out Mañana Será Bonito by Carol G, now.

This guy is a nice musical diversion.

Fuck me.

4 Likes

Holy hell.

I need a nap.

1 Like

The crowd here are 75+ now, worth remembering as you throw “OK Boomer” around …

6515cff1acdb9-7q8g0fjes0mb1-700

Also, Danny Glover was 41 when he/Sgt Murtaugh were too old for this shit

4 Likes

Paul Rudd is 54.

1 Like

Miles from Risky Business is 70. He’s not quite as old as Guido the Killer Pimp.

Miles the 30-year-old High School Senior.

1 Like