Music 2023

You kids…listening to you your bebop music on the hifi, wearing your denim pants…

From the Federalist?!

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT!

1 Like

Pretty soon the white wimmins will be injecting marijuanas and dancing to swing music with the nigras.

“Elite tastemakers”? I’m not giving it a click, but I don’t have the feeling “elite tastemakers” were quick to embrace her.

(I love the Federalist Papers; Hamilton and Madison rock!)

Well, there IS this little gem:

“This finally brings me to my actual gripe, the specifics of why and how her music sucks: It’s utterly defined by self-obsession rather than introspection. Where other artists will occasionally do a Christmas album, it seems like every Taylor Swift album is a Festivus record devoted to the airing of grievances and feats of artistic strength.

To that end, she has almost wholly pioneered a new genre of what an acquaintance of mine calls the “bellyaching about a boyfriend” song.”

Right. So don’t listen. Kind of like I don’t bother to read The Federalist because I’m tired of their bellyaching about modern society.

1 Like

Nothing like some Gen X Luddite to flush out the Swifties.

Yes, Taylor Swift invented the breakup song.

We had broken up for good just an hour before uh uh uh uh uh uh uh…

1 Like

I couldn’t name one song by her.

Ok, Boomer.

2 Likes

I couldn’t either. I wouldn’t know her from Justin Bieber. But it’s funny how devoted people are to her personally. Like fighting about which Beatle they’re gonna marry. It’s downright tribal.

1 Like

The little bit I’ve heard sounded like 60s bubble gum music for teenyboppers.

You just don’t recognize musical genius!

I was surprised by the variety when I took the kids to her concert.

Like the Archies!

That was my (unstated) point: the Swifties are going to tear them apart. You don’t fuck with the Swifties.

2 Likes

What did Swift do to draw the ire of the online right?

Be a successful woman?

2 Likes