Music 2023

For any Willie fan out there:

Willie Nelson Sings Kris Kristofferson

My favorite Willie album. If you’re not familiar, check it out.

With any Willie album ask yourself “who produced it and was Willie paying attention?”

It was produced by KK himself and Willie was very much paying attention.

The first 2 bars of the first track should convince you.

3 Likes

TWSS

3 Likes

Crazy was written by Willie.

3 Likes

My favorite Willie song writen for someone else is “Funny How Time Slips Away”. The version by Al Green & Lyle Lovett from the Rhythem Country and Blues Album/Documentary is outstanding. If you haven’t seen the documentary, I highly recommend it. Duets between R&B & Country singers as they discuss the overlap between Country and R&B in song content and themes.

1 Like

This is one of the few Willie (or Merle) songs I cannot abide. I’m a huge fan of TVZ and this cover just rubs me the wrong way. It’s like nails on a chalkboard for me.

1 Like

Nobody’s perfect.

I love Townes Van Zandt. His version of Poncho and Lefty on Rear View Mirror is the flat out best version of the song.

2 Likes
2 Likes

It reminds me of 80’s Bracketville deer camp, sitting around a bonfire.

Quite! My favorite TVZ song is “For the Sake of the Song” from his 1969 self-tilted album. It is also one of my very favorite songs to listen to on vinyl. The detail on a good turntable and speakers is incredible. For those who think vinyl doesn’t make a difference, I present this song on this record.

2 Likes

Very well played, sir.

1 Like

Bregman out four games because he slept wrong? Sure.

1 Like

Like Verlander slept wrong and will miss a start.

1 Like

Mattress Mac is killing this team!

3 Likes

What’s he doing now?

Lefty! Read the posts above yours.

The only wrong way of sleeping when you’re married to Kate Upton is sleeping.

3 Likes

Just got tickets to The Eagles and Garth Brooks back to back nights. I have achieved Peak Middle Aged White Guy.

4 Likes

Welcome to the club.

ETA: I guess I’m not in that club any longer. Aged out and into the Old White Guy club.