Music 2023

Here Comes the Sun, both for relevance and for ego stroking.

7 Likes

This one would get a big laugh from the assembled masses, for sure. For multiple reasons. Ha.

1 Like

When the Levee Breaks.

That’s still going to be my walkup song when I make my Major League debut.

2 Likes

John Bonham was so fucking great.

By that time, it’s going to be “When the Colostomy Breaks”.

1 Like

Dear Taylor Swift,

You had time to write a double album of songs called “The Tortured Poets Department”, but not an apostrophe?

Signed,
The Tortured Grammaristas’ Department

Is it supposed to be possessive or descriptive? Does the department belong to the tortured poets or is it simply where they may be found?

5 Likes

It says “Romans Go Home!”

3 Likes

Descriptive. There’s no need for an apostrophe at all.

2 Likes

So today is Record Store Day. No, I did not pick up Taylor Swift’s new release, though the line to do so was long. Snagged two records: the re-release of Be-Bop Deluxe’s “Futurama” and the 25th Anniversary edition of “Rock Art and the X-Ray Style” by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros. Prepping them to spin now!

1 Like

Having a music thing on 4/20 sounds like a poor choice.

Why? I suspect it was entirely intentional.

So this record…this record right here…is fucking awesome.

2 Likes

You are not wrong. I’m kind of surprised you didn’t already know it, I sort of assumed the disc you bought had some extra tracks or something.

You (all of you) should track down the handful of shows he did as a DJ on the BBC.

Actually, there you go:

https://exchange.prx.org/series/27024-joe-strummer-s-london-calling

I’d heard some of it, but did not own a copy or ever listened to the whole record. It’s really good all the way through. I don’t think there is anything new in this release other than it’s a 2-record set on special pink 180-gram vinyl. Not that pink is special, mind you.

Sturgill Simpson is getting his old band back together for some Festival somewhere…I sure hope this means he’s thinking about touring again.

3 Likes

I hope it’s a sign he’s gonna make new music.

The bluegrass album and the story album were both okay but only just so.

1 Like

Spinoff from the Moody Blues topic in the Dead Pool thread re: Knights in White Satin

Just heard D’yer Mak’er on the radio and thought of a decent discussion topic: good artists with popular songs that are actually shitty

1 Like

You mean like, Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da?

2 Likes

Paul is guilty of that and also the worst Christmas song of all time.

2 Likes