2024 Dead Pool

Roman Gabriel

3 Likes

Terry Anderson, 76.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/21/us/terry-anderson-lebanon-hostage-crisis-obit-intl-latam/index.html

Mike Pinder, Moody Blues Co-Founder, Dead at 82

1 Like

I’ve never celebrated their entire catalogue, but “Ride My See-Saw” “Knights in White Satin” and “Wildest Dreams” are great songs. Any others I should check out?

Go Now.

2 Likes

Some of their songs are fine, but at the risk of offending Moody Blues fans, I find “Knights in White Satin” pretty insufferable.

1 Like

I actually went back and included that because I feared being castigated for leaving it out.

Hey, he was just askin’!

*Nights

Not really much of a Moodys fan, but I do like them some.

2 Likes

It’s more interesting the way I spelled it

4 Likes

Highly ineffective battle gear.

But they were ensconsed in luxury.

3 Likes

The first time I took acid (circa 1973) we ended up flat on our backs at a friend’s place in in Hollywood Park that had a backyard bungalow where his parents left us alone and we listened to In Search of the Lost Chord, On the Threshold of a Dream, and To Our Children’s Children’s Children, over and over, all night long. They were good but I never bought any of their albums.

4 Likes

Buddy of mine back in the 90’s had Lost Chord on vinyl and loved to jam “See-Saw” at high volumes while day-substancing and doing backyard games and grills, so that song brings back good memories

eta: and “Wildest Dreams” reminds me of middle school dances, so that’s basically my only connections to the band

1 Like

Duane Eddy

Elaborating on the subject to Guitar Player in 2013, he recalled an interview with Conan O’Brien at which he was asked, “Duane, you’ve been in this business for many years now; what do you consider your greatest contribution to music?” He answered, “Not singing.”

“I never felt that I had a good voice for singing,” he went on. “When I was young, this frustrated me a lot, so I took it out on the guitar.

3 Likes

Oh man! Bernard Hill has gone to meet his fathers in whose mighty company he shall not now feel ashamed.

Not that he ever should have done. And anyone who disagrees will get a fucking Yosser headbutt.

1 Like
1 Like

Rebel Rouser is the song everybody knows…what is his 2nd best one?

Ramrod?

Ramrod (youtube.com)

1 Like

The Peter Gunn theme.

5 Likes

Steve Albini, 61

Fuck.

3 Likes