Music, 2022

I suppose I’m obligated to post this:

4 Likes

The Trilogy concert Blu Ray is phenomenal.

1 Like

The Cure are great. I always liked them. Starting with The Head on the Door album they had a great 4 album run from 85 to 92. They still put on a good show.

1 Like

Also kind of feel the same way about Depeche Mode.

4 Likes

Recently my singer/guitarist told me my song had too many chords and I was like really? So I counted them and there were five.

1 Like

Also that Cure track on The Crow soundtrack is still awesome. Maybe the best track on that soundtrack.

1 Like

DM’s live album “101” is in my “Deserted Island” collection

DM live are incredible. I think between them and The Cure, that may make up about 50% of my concert attendances.

1 Like

People who have never seen them have no idea what a great front-man Dave is.

2 Likes

That voice. If I could sing at all, I’d want to sound just like him.

1 Like

Unsure if many lights ever shone brighter …

Presumably you freaks have seen this (it’s become very famous, especially for the mind-numbing drumming):

Their sound live is a lot heavier and more full than one might expect from an electro-pop outfit. Just a great act to see.

I got to hear them in London.

I say hear them because they were playing in Hyde Park while we rode by on the bus tour.

2 Likes

Too good not to share but didn’t know in which thread to put it. As there are musical references, I chose here.

1 Like

I think it’s somewhere in Minnesota where they do a public poll to name the snowplows every winter…some of the names are top quality.

1 Like

DC does the same thing.

1 Like

I realize this is the Music 2022 thread/supposed to be more of ‘today’s music,’ but walking to my gate/flight/work at LAX this morning, the Rock ‘n Brews in the terminal was playing my favorite band INXS’ “Don’t Change” video on their TV screens.

You’re damn straight I stopped my walk and enjoyed the hell out of that.

Fuckin’ eh right, Bubba.

2 Likes

i’d have stopped, too

this is very good (and emotional)

4 Likes

Great song, I’d never heard Bruce’s version of it before