More Manfredball

I would imagine teams don’t use the same signs & sequences enough anymore to make deciphering them possible without using technology.

I can’t believe you all have missed the most important part of this overall.

This will shave AT LEAST 10-15 seconds off of the total game time since there will only be button clicking and listening instead of compex signs being relayed.

HUGE WIN!

3 Likes

My main blankety-blank point, which maybe I am shouting to the heavens alone, is this system is aimed at all sign-stealing, not at the unpardonable sin the Astros, and no one else of course, committed by using a camera during a game. Killing a gnat with a shotgun?

It is the way of the world these days.

We need gnat control

Fuck the gNats.

3 Likes

I think everyone understands, and mostly agrees with, your point. But what I think your solution is, which is to remove the cameras and dugout video, just isn’t going to happen. That is here to stay. The players as a collective want that video. The hitters and pitchers both want the almost instant real time feedback. With that being the case, this seems like a reasonable way to allow the players that access while trying to curb sign stealing via video. At least until some intelligent person finds some way to cheat this system. Let’s see how long it takes.

1 Like

Instant real time feedback??? That is what caused this whole situation! Instant feedback for what???

Their latest Facebook post.

1 Like

Real time in the sense they get back to the dugout and grab their tablets.

These guys don’t even take BP without cameras rolling.

1 Like

Seriously?? Practically every single batter comes back to the dugout, grabs an iPad and reviews his at bat. Pitchers are doing the same. It’s as much a part of the fabric of the game now as anything else considered sacred. The video around the game and in the dugout isn’t going away.

That is not real time; that is after the fact.
Had the Astros done that, all would be peaches and cream.

Ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for attending this OWA production of Much Ado About Nothing

Let’s play ball.

Sumbitch. I swear I bought tickets for The Tempest.

2 Likes