More Distractions

In the leg space of a desk somewhere asking “Faster or slower, Mr. Selig?” would be my guess.

1 Like

In my experience running email investigations, when you get that many emails you can almost always find something. It may bear little relation to what you set out to find, but something usually turns up.

Hey man, those pictures were meant to be private.

So the latest report says Astros employees admit to stealing signs from the existing CF camera and relaying in real time, but they did not think it was against the rules.

It’s entirely plausible that some low level pocket protector didn’t know the rules, but impossible that Luhnow and Hinch did not. Not looking good for the top brass.

The folks in the dugout had to know. Let’s see what they say.

Well, that is pretty blatant. Part of me hates the notion of using cameras in such a manner, the other part figures it is the status quo and is permeated through MLB baseball.

I’m pretty sure that when the players asked the staff for the camera and monitor, they didn’t say “we want this to spy on the opposition in real time.” They said that they wanted it to review their at bats, mechanics etc. between innings, to know when to call for a replay challenge and to get material for film study to figure out opponent’s signs and tendencies. Those were all things that other teams were doing openly and legally. So if staff said “we thought it was legal,” they had a point. But the spying apparently went on for over three months, in pretty obvious fashion. It’s hard to imagine that higher ranking people weren’t at least suspicious…

I want to know what Hinch and the players say. There is nothing wrong with studying signs in real time if that is all that happened with the TV camera Is there a diffence between doing this today and studying the video of yesterday?Players watch from wherever they get a good view of the catcher or pitcher.

Here’s the latest from my source close to a minority owner - he says that the team expects to be fined something in the area of $10MM, to lose some draft picks, and to lose some international signing money.

I asked what sort of proof the league thinks it found and when exactly the wrongdoing supposedly occurred, and my source didn’t know.

Sorry to be so infuriatingly vague, but I thought it was worth mentioning since there is (as far as my source knows) no talk of suspensions or bans.

“I’m not buying this since there’s no vacating the 2017 World Series.”

-Yankeefan

Thanks, chuck.

Thanks chuck. That’s much more helpful than anyone in the media’s speculation.

I don’t know how you suspend anyone without suspending just about everyone.

Alex Wood just can’t help himself when asked even when evidence is non existent.

Isn’t every diligent team “aware of potentially employing tactics to steal signs…”? This is the kind of slanted prefab manufactured journalism that has kill the truth industry.

Every team tries to steal signs. Every. Fucking. Team.

This was pretty funny:

Came across this on Twitter.

Great find. More evidence this is as much a part of baseball as spitting. Yet, Manfred decides to get indignant now. Fuck him. If this investigation ends up in anything more than a stern warning to Play Nice in the future or else than it is a travesty.

Prepare for travesty.

I’m preparing for something between a miscarriage of justice and a railroaded scapegoat.