Mihoba Fantasy Baseball League

Looks to me like Devin has the league locked up this year. Still some work to do of course, but if I was a betting man…

I have an outside chance to get on the podium, but the odds aren’t great. I have been trying to rebuild (similar to that outlined by RB) since prior to last season. Last year I just got lucky with Ohtani going bonkers at the plate. This year I have just made a bunch of bad decisions and my team has neither hot or pitched lol. Happy to see others finding success. As I’ve been saying for 4-5 seasons now…the level of competition in this league is now off the charts. Really cool to see it come together.

1 Like

This league is super tough and competitive. It seemingly requires a daily commitment or you risk losing ground overnight. I thought I was going to be competitive for once, then I went on vacation and had no phone or internet access for 10 days. By the time I got home I had dropped from 5th to 12th and have not been able to make up much ground since.

Tell Neil about it. I think he had a similar problem.

“So you’re saying there’s a chance!”

I don’t recall ever paying my money, though I’ve already taken my chances.

Most everyone still needs to pay $20 (I think there may have been a couple that have already paid - have it logged in a folder somewhere). Get it in when you can. If I don’t see it over the next week I’ll start going door to door so I can get the winners paid out. Thanks in advance.

Sent via paypal.

1 Like

just sent

1 Like

Just sent, thanks for reminder!

Tralfaz
-John Clayton

1 Like

I just sent mine as well. Thanks for the reminder.

I did not play fantasy baseball at all last year, but played multiple very competitive money leagues over 20 years prior to 2021.

This year I looked at my team about once per month.

I have no idea why I simply have not found the time.

I will need to totally change my schedule/ priorities if I am going to return next year.

1 Like

What a finish by Devin’s team. He never took his foot off the gas and won the league by over 300 points. Also remarkable is how few trades he made. Super solid team from the draft to the championship. Congrats!

2 Likes

Absolutely. There’s a new Sheriff in town…and his name is Devin. Congrats. You crushed the field this year. I’m working to get all the money and have you paid out by the end of October (hopefully sooner but like to set expectations low, lol).

1 Like

Congrats Devin/Randy Knorr Fan Club! Absolute hammer down final month left me in the dust. In awe of your patience and trust in your pitching staff. 30+ SP points night after night by your pitching staff, turned into a nightmare for me. I had to manage my arse off for P2, and got antsy with a few players I probably should not have dropped. Felt right at the time, no looking back, try to tell myself anyway. Props, was a great season doing battle with everyone. Thanks Jared for making this thing go, and everyone who helps make this league great! Interesting the way the waiver wire pitching flurry in this last month yielded very few points. Also will be intriguing to see how the new rules affect power vs speed strategy and position scarcity next season. Stolen bases may actually matter again. Time to re-think keepers and enjoy some play-offs. GO’STROS!

1 Like

Congrats Devin! Outstanding season.

This league is so much fun, to the point where I barely pay attention to my other leagues anymore.

1 Like

You are welcome and thanks for the shoutout, but Ron Brand and DVauthrin need to get 95% of the credit. I’m pretty much just a guy there for them to bounce stuff off of…and then make collections/payouts at the end of the year. Thank you both for taking over responsibility the last couple seasons. I think it’s went great. Hope everyone comes back next season.

2 Likes

Congrats, Devin, on a well-deserved championship and to everyone else for how competitive this league has become. Also, thank you everyone for the kind words about the league. Running it with @Ron_Brand and @BillyD is something I enjoy and I just want everyone to have the best experience possible.

2 Likes

Thanks all. I got unbelievably lucky this year with injuries. Really I feel like that was the biggest difference. Shockingly I won my other league too—it’s an Ottoneau league hosted by Fangraphs, very different scheme. I have the same numbness that overcame me when the Astros won the World Series. I don’t seem to quite know how to handle victory.

But I’ll take it!

Really great competitive seasons all through the league, as per usual. Honored to have finished among the elect for once and will happily don the badge til April next.

2 Likes

I just went back and looked. This year was the league’s 20th anniversary! Wow. I didn’t join until the 3rd season, but kind of cool to think it’s been around as long as it as. Man am I getting old, lol.

2 Likes

Ok, so far I’ve received payment from only 8 participants. Please get your payment in so I can get winners paid. Thanks in advance. Will start going door to door as time permits.

I would like to make a few proposals this year to be voted on. Increase keeper limit, trade draft picks, adjust some scoring… I can’t remember if we have any kind of established protocol for that stuff. Does anyone else have any measures they’d like to discuss?