Merry Christmas 2023

Merry Christmas you mainiacs.

9 Likes

Backatcha

4 Likes

Merry Christmas, everyone.

And I don’t know if this is the place to talk about the cool Astros stuff we got, but I’m damned excited about mine. It’s a mural of MMP using the names of all 887 players who played for the Astros 1962-2017. It’s all hand written, and it’s in chronological order, starting with Joey Amalfitano and ending with Justin Verlander. Can’t wait to get it framed.

7 Likes

Merry Christmas, everyone! My hope and prayer for y’all is that the spirit of the season (whatever that means to you) brings you peace instead of strife, health and wellness instead of sickness, connectedness instead of division and the opportunity to be your best self to those around you. Blessings to each of you!

10 Likes

Merry Christmas to you, my friends - even those I have never met.

3 Likes
1 Like

Been listening to this all week. Great record.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas and a wonderful upcoming year to everyone who reads this.

4 Likes

God bless us everyone.

3 Likes

Merry Christmas !

3 Likes

How can you not love that album?

1 Like

I would assume such a person is a sociopath until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

The best to all y’all!!

2 Likes

One of my buddies got me a replica 2022 Championship ring.

It pairs nicely with the 2017 vintage.

2 Likes

So the roast beast is on the smoker. Sides of roasted garlic/bleu cheese mashed potatoes and roasted Brussel’s sprouts. Thinking I’m going to pair with the Turley Ueberroth Zinfandel.

6 Likes

Standing rib roast aroma fills the house as finishing touches are applied to bacon-wrapped beans, spinach madeleine and mashed potatoes. Yorkshire pudding will be added as the roast rests, and a nice Barbarresco is waiting patiently.

4 Likes

Sounds pretty labor intensive, depending on if they’re baked beans, green beans, etc. Where do you get bacon that small?

I approve of this pairing. I have a Hayne Petite, our Chalone Chenin, a Riches Neuves Cab franc and a bottle of Champers lined up for the evening’s festivities. Bourbon in various forms to follow.

Merry Christmas to everyone!! Kara and I met up with my brother and mom in Tucson. First time back in the mountains and desert in I don’t know how long. Feels pretty goddamn good to be back.

Hope we all have an amazing 2024!! Thank you for being friends online and in real life.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas you bunch of reprobates!

5 Likes

I’d send a picture, but they are all MIA.

Take 5-8 blanched green beans, wrap together with 1/2 strip of bacon, bake at 350 for 15 minutes or so. Worth whatever labor is involved.

2 Likes