Inevitable You-Know-Who Thread

It’s pointless anyway. There is not a single person in this state who doesn’t already know how they’ll vote. The only question is which side will mobilize more voters.

2 Likes

Beto has learned his lesson from the debate with Cruz. You don’t win votes by following the (stupid) debate rules, you win votes by getting your message across. :muscle:

This “debate” is designed to let each candidate talk to their own voters. You might be right that it’s all baked in anyway, but this nonsense isn’t going to change anything.

Fuck…yeah.

Beto’s best moment was on property taxes, when Abbott announced he was going to eliminate school taxes - which seemed like something he made up on the fly. Beto clapped back that he’d had 8 years to work on this and there’s no reason to give him another 4.

The 8 years point was something Beto brought up a number of times but, in that moment, it landed hard.

Abbott stammered his way through the abortion portion of the debate, but I think people’s choice on that is already established.

This was pretty well landed too.

1 Like

This shit is truly unhinged.

McConnell had his chance to be rid of Trump with the 2nd impeachment, and he passed. Now Trump is issuing veiled death threats and race-baiting his wife.

Here’s Gov. Abbott practicing being human.

Guv Hotwheels is a worthless sack of shit.

3 Likes

Shit’s still missing.

Beto ran the table on undecideds.

While Abbott remains in the low 40s he remains vulnerable. If there’s a blue turnout following Dobbs, he could be one of a number of previously secure Republicans who gets ploughing under.

Beto looks like a shoe-in. Bet the Beto, Abrams, Crist parlay and you will be a millionaire.

I’ve been told this same thing every election cycle for…several many cycles.

I’ll do my part but I’ll believe it when I see it wrt Texas.

3 Likes

I need Beto to win for many many many reasons, but a fun one is Chuck visit Texas.

2 Likes

How was the Ravel?

Really want to know?? Amazing. I seriously am a fan of Ravel. I loved it more than Rite of Spring. Rite of Spring (Stravinsky) is so fucking chaotic. I can see why it is so hard to play, but Ravel was the one that just gets me.

The Strauss was good too. I really like my job, it has some good perks.

1 Like

Of course I want to know, that’s why I asked. I like Ravel, too, and I like Strauss just fine. I like most any orchestral music aa long as nobody’s singing.

2 Likes

Both of my daughters played in band and orchestra in high school, so we had 8 years of “ear calibration”, where you hear what music really sounds like. I miss that.

Sporkfoot yells “fire” in a room full of heavily-armed arsonists.

Too good not to share.