Immaculate Grid - Spoilers & Boasts

9/9 today, felt like a bit of an easy one

It’s always funny what random memories feed you the answers. For Yankees/Phillies it’s the image of Bobby Abreu’s teammates coming at him with shaving cream in the dugout when he got traded mid-game.

9/9. The hard one for me was the Phillies/Mariners

Clif Lee. The hard one for me was Brewers Mariners until I remembered those teams traded with eachother in the offseason

How could anyone forget Ken Giles’ 4.1-inning stint with the M’s last year?

Phillies/Marlins was the easiest for me. Didn’t even have to think about it.

I was happy with my <1% today.

Those 10 days Mike Piazza spent in Miami can really pay off.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware that Piazza was an answer to any of them. He never played for the Mariners, Brewers, Phillies or Yankees.

Maybe I’m thinking yesterday. The jet lag still has my brain scrambled.

You were doing yesterday’s today. Or tomorrow’s yesterday. Or Yesterday and Today.

Yes

He works for bottom right today because he won a silver slugger for a season in which he played for the Marlins. Guess that counts.

Did he now? I knew he played briefly for the Marlins, but didn’t realize it was in a year he won the SS.

I think the criteria is played for a team and won the award in his career, not necessarily with that team.

The rules are a little complicated but this explains the logic.

2 Likes

9/9 but I had to leave and clean house for a bit before Jamie Moyer came to mind.

My first 9/9 in a while – trying too hard for the cuteness score (175). Ken Giles (1%), Johnny Callison (0.3%) and Ray Fosse (0.09%) all helped. I was surprised that Gary Sheffield was only 5%.

Nice

I could have sworn Reddick was a Twin at one point.

Jim Wynn 0.007%

ETA: now it’s 0.008%